PDA

View Full Version : PP Spam: Commercial datamining database

otctrader
02-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Was playing on Empire today, and someone was spamming a paid service that has a massive database of SNG play; I'm not going to mention the URL.

IMO this is crossing the line; this site offers a free trial with database inquiries - all we need is for fish to type in their name and learn they have a -20% ROI, let alone figure out big brother is watching their play so sharks can prey on them. I've got no issue with don't ask don't tell datamining - I do it myself; spamming it as a paid service however is going too far.

I've notified IGM, and suggest anyone who sees this bull$hit does so as well in the interest of the bigger picture here.

Adde
02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
I reply to all chatbox spam with "virus link!". Might stop one or two from going there.

Adde

Pokeraddict
02-01-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I reply to all chatbox spam with "virus link!". Might stop one or two from going there.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea!

emonrad87
02-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Did you actually try the site??? It was spammed in the general forum a couple days ago and the data it provides turned out to be fairly worthless. Additionally, many of the 2+2'ers who tried their own names didn't find themselves. I'm not too concerned about it helping the fish too much. But it is very annoying...

mmbt0ne
02-01-2005, 10:09 PM
This guy already spammed these forums I'm pretty sure. If it's the same guy, he only has 1 weeks worth of SNGs and has 0 games from ZeeJustin and gigabet, so I doubt anyone would be making a +EV decision to download his database.

mcozzy1
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
I haven't seen that one. Last week someone kept spamming about his affiliate program and how they can get a rakeback deal with him. I reported it to Party. They didn't care.