PDA

View Full Version : AJ off.....

Spartan1983
02-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I know everyone prefers a read on the villains, but this was my 1st hand of the day. In early position, 1st in or late position with only a couple callers I raise AJ. With this many limpers ahead of me I felt limping was my best option.
I think that I've been showing down too many hands lately, so I'm curious what you think about calling it down. Thanks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls. <font color="green"> (missed a raise here, right?)</font>

River: (10.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

shant
02-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Preflop is close. With 3 limpers, I raise. With 4 or more, I limp also.

I think that you had a good chance to push the CO out of the hand preflop, get the button, and have some dead-money in the pot. I would've raised there.

Rest of the hand looks fine.

Spook
02-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I agree and think that raising out of the post is a very good thing to here. If you can get the CO to fold and possibly one of the blinds you will be in much better shape.
However when they do call your raise it will be hard to protect your hand on this flop from gutshot single card draws if checked to.

sean c
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
The turn bet from UTG is strange if the ten hit him so well why wouldn't he c/r instead of lead out? I call it down just to see what the hell is going on.