PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Games tournaments ~ What level to set the antes?

partygirluk
02-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Say I am hosting a mixed tournaments home game. I want all hands to maintain equal importance within their levels. Say I decide in advance to have 10 levels of blinds/antes, and want each level to last about half an hour.

Feel free to discuss any games you want.

Just a few suggestions.

PLO v NLH
Limit games v NL
Stud v Limit holdem v Limit Omaha

Iceman
02-02-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Say I am hosting a mixed tournaments home game. I want all hands to maintain equal importance within their levels. Say I decide in advance to have 10 levels of blinds/antes, and want each level to last about half an hour.

Feel free to discuss any games you want.

Just a few suggestions.

PLO v NLH
Limit games v NL
Stud v Limit holdem v Limit Omaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say you have a starting stack of 1500. If you play 30-60 limit holdem, Omaha, or triple draw lowball rounds with blinds of 15-30, that would correspond to a 30-60 limit stud, razz, or stud-8 game with a 5 ante and 10 bring-in. Draw and single-draw lowball play smaller than those games, so you would probably need to play 50-100 limit draw and single-draw lowball with 25-50 blinds to have it roughly the same size as the holdem, Omaha, and stud rounds.

As for NL/PL, since holdem and Omaha-8 tend to play smaller than Omaha high, given the starting stack of 1500 you might have 10-20 blinds in NL holdem and PL Omaha-8, and 5-10 blinds in PL Omaha high.