PDA

View Full Version : KK early on

Sluss
02-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Second level of a 108 SNG @ pokerroom. Table has been very tight except for BB who is a BCD (Board Certified Donkey) who likes to call almost every bet. If he is first in he limps and calls every bet preflop, the kind of guy you love to have in the game. In level one good solid player now UTG+1 managed to get two people to call his KK all-in one with AK and MP to my left who was left with 350 when he called two all-ins with AQ.

Blinds 15/30 I pick up KK in MP+1 I am second in chips at about 1900 about 500 more than the average table stack. UTG folds, Big Stack folds, MP goes all-in for 350. BCD is in the BB with about 1200 in chips. I'm trying to figure a way to get him to play this hand. I raise to just 700. MP+2 next to me goes all in for 1400. DOH! Everyone else folds even the BCD.

I called and got sucked out on by a runner runner flush from MP+2 AK. Not the point. I was wondering if I would have been better off just calling. If that happens MP+2 probably only calls because it wouldn't be half his stack then I could have pushed the Aceless rainbow flop and probably got him to lay it down and the BCD to call. A bit results oriented, but I think I may have been too concerned with trying to get the BCD to give me his chips.

Does anyone push this pre-flop? What is the "correct play"

spentrent
02-01-2005, 05:55 PM
I have no problems with this play. You set the trap and the villain gobbled up the bait.

Sluss
02-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Actually, the villan didn't get trapped because a TAG came over the top of me with the AK. My question was if I could have prevented this by just calling? Maybe getting the villan to call and the AK as well. I think it just may be some hindsight thinking. I just took a different track and it failed.

wbrumfiel
02-02-2005, 02:12 PM
He probably still raises with AK here even if you call. It sucks but it happens.