PDA

View Full Version : WoW: I am a sucker

Freakin
02-01-2005, 04:22 PM
So a friend from work hard-sold me into buying a copy.
[ QUOTE ]
Lets go to the mall for lunch.... Oh! Lets stop by the software store before we grab some food. Did I mention they have more copies of WoW in stock? Oh look! Here they are!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never forgive him. For anyone who's interested, they were in stock at Bell Square mall at the game store, and I've heard that area EB games have more copies as well.

So who on here plays? What server should I join? What should I be (I like killing stuff, and I'm usually too lazy to party up). Any help is appreciated....

Freakin

ThaSaltCracka
02-01-2005, 04:25 PM
WTF, you live in Bellevue?

Sporky
02-01-2005, 04:29 PM
i still have my account but i kinda stopped playing a couple weeks ago and have no desire to go back. if you want to play horde you might want to do a little research to try and find a server where the alliance doesn't outnumber you 4 to 1 or more if you're doing PVP. probably a good idea if you're alliance too. there are some census sites that will give you some rough estimates on server populations. it can be kinda ridiculous to try and get anything done on the servers where you're totally outnumbered.

as far as class, that is totally up to you. if you want to kill stuff and don't group much, i would probably suggest a rogue. they are a very high dps and have lots of fun tricks like stealth and poisons. i tried most of the classes, and i liked rogue and priest the best. i had a group for my priest though. it's all what your taste is. druid, warlock, and warrior are kind of seen as weak classes right now. i would say some of that is opinion, but there's a lot to back it up. shaman and rogue are both fun. you can level pretty fast though. if you don't like something you can just remake your dude. good luck.

Nottom
02-01-2005, 04:34 PM
I have friends that play and will likely get a copy soon. From what I have seen this looks like a good solid game that will be fun without the extreme time commitment of a game like Everquest.

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 04:38 PM
If you play poker, I don't recommend starting this game.

Freakin
02-01-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF, you live in Bellevue?

[/ QUOTE ]

I live on capitol hill (and no, I'm not gay) but I work in bellevue.

Freakin

Freakin
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sorta heard that if you do ANYTHING ELSE then it's not recommended that you play WoW... i'm in trouble...

Freakin

AngryCola
02-01-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sorta heard that if you do ANYTHING ELSE then it's not recommended that you play WoW... i'm in trouble...

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, that's true with any MMORPG. Supposedly WoW is less time consuming than some other games in that genre.

Stabn is a freak about WoW. He stopped playing Halo 2 and says the only game he plays now (besides poker) is WoW.

I'm sure you'll see him around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkL444
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had to cancel my subscription for feb just so i can get some work done.

fryKing
02-01-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, that's true with any MMORPG. Supposedly WoW is less time consuming than some other games in that genre.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sort of true, you gain levels pretty fast in general, and there are lots of quests that you can complete in a half-hour or whatever.

But the best part is they have a system where if you haven't played in a while, you get double the XP for killing things for a certain amount of time. The longer it's been since you played, the longer the double XP period lasts. This is great, as after a week or two of constant play I am down to once or twice a week, and it really speeds up leveling.

stabn
02-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking of making feb my last month. I'm only level 35 and don't really want to quit at this point, but it's so addictive that i'm really not doing much else besides eating and playing WoW once i leave work. I did manage to go on a nice rush on party during the one hour i played last night though.

As far as servers i'm currently playing on nathrezim. Part of me wants to say play on my server and part of me wants to say i'm willing to start an alt on a different server to show you the ropes...

Overall though, i think i'd rather you play somewhere else and never tell me what server /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I don't need any more reasons to play more than i do now. The girlfriend is already pissed at me, especially when i'm trying to do quests in an instance. That [censored] can go on forever.

stabn
02-01-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Stabn is a freak about WoW. He stopped playing Halo 2 and says the only game he plays now (besides poker) is WoW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit halo 2 before i had WoW. The multiplayer just isn't that good. I loved the single player campaign though. Before i got WoW i was playing more CS:Source and poker than i was Halo 2.

fsuplayer
02-01-2005, 06:53 PM
what is WoW? i have never heard of it before now.

siccjay
02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Death to MMORPG's with LEVELING!!!! BRING BACK UO!!!!!!!

fryKing
02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
World of Warcraft

fsuplayer
02-01-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
World of Warcraft

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...thanks. now anybody wanna tell me what it is?

Nottom
02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
World of Warcraft

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...thanks. now anybody wanna tell me what it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

a MMORPG set in Warcraft-land