PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Jcardshark
02-01-2005, 03:58 PM

CORed
02-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Unless your playing single deck (highly unlikely on a cruise ship), High-low is better than Hi-opt 1 (better betting correlation with no side-count of aces). It is similar to Hi-opt1, but adds aces at -1 and 2's at +1. You might also want to consider KO or Red Seven. These are unbalanced counts which cn be used without a true count conversion.

joshman1204
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I just got back from a royal caribbean cruise and you are correct about the bad rules. I dont remeber the exact rules but I do remeber them being awfull! I know for sure all 3 tables running were 8 deck games except for the one 6:5 SD game but surely you know to stay far away from these games.

CORed
02-02-2005, 03:08 PM
I also remember some discussion on blackjack boards a few years back that some cruise ships have rules explicitly prohibitting card counting and asserting a right to confiscate winnings if they catch you counting. I never heard of anybody actually having their winnings confiscated, but you have to realize that you are gambling in an unregulated environment, and they have the only game on the boat, so don't expect good games.