PDA

View Full Version : Partypoker has prejudice against NL players?

r3vbr
02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I was reading the thing about using Party Points to enter the party milion so I went to make some calculations of how much points i'd earn per hour. Turns out Party doesnt like NL players very much

All No Limit and Pot Limit Tables 4 Party Points for every 20 raked hands played on these tables in a day
All $.5/$1 and $1/$2 Tables 4 Party Points for every 20 raked hands played on these tables in a day
All $2/$4 Tables 6 Party Points for every 20 raked hands played on these tables in a day
All $3/$6 and $5/$10 Non Jackpot Tables 12 Party Points for every 20 raked hands played on these tables in a day
All $3/$6 and $5/$10 Jackpot Tables 15 Party Points for every 20 raked hands played on these tables in a day
All $10/$20, $15/$30 and $30/$60 Non Jackpot Tables 18 Party Points for every 20 raked hands played on these tables in a day
All $10/$20 and $15/$30 Jackpot Tables 24 Party Points for every 20 raked hands played on these tables in a day

This means that playing at NL200 you get the same points as playing at NL25 right? I find this bullshit

Also they sometimes have fixed-limit only promotions such as that "lucky hands" thing

obeythekitten
02-01-2005, 03:52 PM
gee whiz, they want to encourage people to play limit ring games because they can extend their bankroll farther and therefore pay more rake to the house instead of possibly losing their entire bankroll in one session.

what an amazing conclusion. who would have thought that the cardroom would offer incentives for the players to make decisions that make the house more money.

BluffTHIS!
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
After you have gotten yourself a hat and jacket to advertise their site for them gratis, and discovered that the freeroll tourneys where you have to fade a field the size of the mil guaranteed for a payout structure equivalent to a 200+15 SNG are a horrible waste of time, then what exactly is there to use these points on other than the million cruise you mentioned which granted would take some time to accumulate for? The point is it that those points aren't worth worrying about and if you do then play 4 tables of limit 2/4 and rack em up!