PDA

View Full Version : TPTK big pot, fold this.... flop?

PokerDork
02-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Good 10-handed live 10/20 game. My image is squeaky tight as usual, but thankfully still not getting too much respect. Villains are MP2 and MP3, respectively, I'm MP1 with AKo.
Loose with a tendency to be more aggressive than the others in this game preflop, raises UTG, UTG+1 cold calls, I 3-bet with AKo in MP1. Now heres the weird part. MP2 is pretty tight, but cold calls a little too much, calls three cold. Also, he reads hands well, but has trouble following through. Has made many "I know I shouldn't call this..." moves tonight. As a corollary to his troubles reading hands, he tends to play his hands somewhat in a vaccuum, i.e. possibly decided he wanted to take a flop with his hand before I 3-bet and refused to adjust his position. MP3 who also has vaccuum hand syndrome (just raised with the idiot-end of a four card straight with a flush on board with a player behind her. Basically, she raises a lot based on the value of her hand- here a straight- without paying attention to the texture of the board and the action ahead of her) also calls three cold, only she isn't tight. It folds to BB who call and UTG doesn't cap, so my AK is good so far. 6 players to the flop with 18SBs.
Flop comes KQ8 of unimportant suits.
Three checks to me and I bet, MP2 raises, MP3 reraises and it folds back to me. I'm not sure if MP2 raises me with anything worse than AK here (in fact his having AK as well is a distinct posibility), but he might be clever enough to raise just to try to increase his chances of winning this pot. MP3s reraise seems troublesome, because I've never seen her raise without at least two-pair. I folded and both UTG and UTG+1 grumbled at me wondering what I could've had that I 3-bet with and then bet/folded the flop. I think my play was standard, but any thoughts would be welcomed.

PokerDork
02-01-2005, 06:15 PM

Rubeskies
02-01-2005, 06:45 PM
You folded getting 12:1 with what could have been the best hand. If not often you will have outs. JT is a possibilty here, maybe one is pumping a draw. I think you at least have to see the turn.

IndianOcean
02-01-2005, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't fold this. I would call or cap the flop and see what turn brings.

What do you put them on?