PDA

View Full Version : Party points for PPM Cruise

jasonHoldEm
02-01-2005, 12:33 PM
I managed to lose the link now, but party is doing a promo where if you make 30k party points between 2/1 and 2/7 you can buy a PPM cruise package with 50k party points (this means you need to have 20k already, or earn that much more). It's first come first served and I think it said only 20 packages available. Some hardcore middle limit players should be able to grab these "fairly" easily. More details to follow if I can find the link...

J

jasonHoldEm
02-01-2005, 12:35 PM
link (http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/ppm-party-cruise.html)

<<snip>>>

Now is your chance to get onto the PartyPoker.com Million IV Cruise and play for 7.5 Million USD! Party for 7 days on PartyPoker.com and earn more than 30,000 Party Points and you will be able to buy a "PPM IV package" worth $12,600 for just 50,000 Party Points!

20 "PPM IV packages" are available!
These will be given out on a first come, first serve basis.

Qualifying period: Tuesday, 1st of February until Monday 7th of February 2005

As soon as you have earned 30,000 Party Points please send a mail to info@partypoker.com telling them that you have qualified and you would like to purchase the package for 50,000 Party Points. Packages will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. Once you have sent your mail, we will verify the number of Party Points you have accumulated and award you a seat on the cruise. Your Party Points will be automatically deducted from your account. It’s that easy!

How do I know when I have earned enough Party Points?

Check your Point Balance on Tuesday, the 1st of February, by going to the Players Club tab in the "My Account" section on the Website.
Note down your Party Point Balance on a piece of paper.
Keep partying on partypoker.com every day and keep checking your Party Point Balance
Once you have earned more than 30,000 Party Points go and send an email to info@partypoker.com
Please note that you can only purchase a "PPM IV package" if you have 50,000 Party Points in your account. If you earn 30,000 Party Points in the qualifying period, but your total Party Point Balance does not reach 50,000 you will NOT be able to purchase a package. Therefore your Party Point Balance on the 1st of February should be at least 20,000 Party Points in order for you to participate in this promotion!

Koller
02-01-2005, 12:37 PM
2+2 link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1648897&page=3&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

jasonHoldEm
02-01-2005, 12:40 PM
D'oh...I even checked for a previous thread, guess I missed it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
i'm not sure what your definition of 'fairly easily' is but it looks pretty freaking tough to me to get basically 4.5k points every day for 7 consecutive days.

not to mention that you don't even know if you will be one of the first 20 if you do get there.

that said....my sleep-schedule right now is perfectly suited to get the double-points during happy hours (4a-2p).
i need to get in mucho mucho hands anyway to make up for my crappy january so i'm giving it a half-assed effort right now.
i don't know if i'll keep this up until tomorrow...much less the rest of the week. i might get bored or tired and just drop it. also depends on how many points i see i am actually accumulating.

good news is that at least i'm winning.
i wouldn't mind racking up a bunch of BB's this week.
also good news is that I'm acquiring hands a bit faster than I originally projected. bad news is that a handful of those weren't raked and I don't know how many.
also good news is that i got a head-start on this by catching the thread and learning of it shortly after party announced it....so i was able to take almost-full advantage of the first happy-hours period.

2200 hands already ain't too shabby...and only 2 hours and change until happy-hours are finished and i can crash out.
more than half of my hands were at 10/20 6-max which indeed IS tougher than 5/10 as has been advertised in the HUSH forum.
but i caught some cards and ran into some MAJOR-donkeys somewhere around 5am and was winning 11BB/100 about 500-600 hds into it. Have since given some of that back....but am still nicely up on the day.

If I can get in 20k hands of 1BB/100 poker AND put myself in position to have a chance at one of these things then I'll be VERY proud of my accomplishment. I would take several days off after the marathon REGARDLESS of whether I get it or not.

Again...I don't know if I'm going to bother with going all the way through trying to get this thing.
But I was thinking about it and decided 'well, if I'm going to want to do this AT ALL then I really do need to get on the stick and take advantage of the first happy-hours period'

o0mr_bill0o
02-01-2005, 01:37 PM
if you're going to do this, i would recommend frequently depositing and withdrawing money to neteller to bolster your point total...

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 01:40 PM
as i mentioned in the other thread....this strategy won't work.

to get the points for depositng you have to leave the funds in for 7 days...you don't get any points until AFTER the 7 days...thus, by the time you are credited with the points it is after the qualifying period.