PDA

View Full Version : Need World Series of Poker Advice

Vee Quiva
02-01-2005, 12:18 PM
A few random questions that I wonder if anyone knows the answer:

I noticed that the NL Hold'em event for Friday June 17th for $1500 is called a "Shootout". Anyone know what that means?

If I want to enter a tournament that starts on a Friday, how early should I be in Vegas to play in one table or super satellites?

How hard is it to get into these satellites? For instance are there 2 hour lines to sign up?

Kevmath
02-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Shootouts are basically a series of one table tournaments, I think to start the winner of each table moves on to the next round. Last year's WSOP had a limit holdem shootout that started with 240 and went to a 2nd round of 24, all of whom made the money.

Kevin...

drewjustdrew
02-01-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If I want to enter a tournament that starts on a Friday, how early should I be in Vegas to play in one table or super satellites?

How hard is it to get into these satellites? For instance are there 2 hour lines to sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Supersatellites are only for the main event. Single table tourneys are first come-first serve for the most part. When a table opens up, the game/buyin is announced. A bunch of people head to the table to get a seat Not sure how it will be this year with the anticipated crowds. One tables take a couple hours at most. They are running all morning prior to the event, and late into the night as well.

Vee Quiva
02-01-2005, 02:08 PM
The reason I asked about supersatellites is that in the WSOP circuit events they were running them for every tournament. (I wasn't there, but I read it on the website) Can anyone who was there confirm this?

drewjustdrew
02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
In that case, supers generally run at noon and or 7pm. They are $220 with $200 rebuys for the first hour or two.

Last year, the wsop also offered double shootouts for $125. Win two single tables and you are in. Those were at set times as well. At least for the first table. Not sure about the second table. Again, these were just for the main event.