PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker Leaderboard=> 10+1 is the way to go for max points

AA suited
02-01-2005, 11:33 AM
according to the calculator provided by party
Calc (https://secure.partypoker.com/my_account/leader_board/tournament_leaderboard_nov.html), winning a 10+1 gives you 53 points. winning a 50+5 gives you 80 points.

"The top points leaders will be ranked accordingly and their names published on the web site! There are loads of spectacular prizes to be won including freerolls, special bonuses and even a chance to play with other leaderboard winners."

is it worth it to close my party acct and re-open with an affiliate to get in on this?

adanthar
02-01-2005, 11:45 AM
It's worth reopening your account with an affiliate to get rakeback but certainly not for the TLB points.

To catch the current TLB leader you'd need to win/place 2'nd in 900 of them, meaning you'd have to play around 4,000 a month. Good luck with that.

Irieguy
02-01-2005, 02:41 PM
I play 500 SNGs a month at the $33 level or higher with a 40% ITM and my leaderboard ranking is 1624.

Not many $10 players are in the freeroll each month.

Irieguy

AA suited
02-02-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's worth reopening your account with an affiliate to get rakeback but certainly not for the TLB points.

To catch the current TLB leader you'd need to win/place 2'nd in 900 of them, meaning you'd have to play around 4,000 a month. Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, only top 20% of the players get points. so i guess 20player sng's are the best way to go since top4 get paid, and top4 get points.

btw- what are the actual bonuses for being on the leaderboard?

The Yugoslavian
02-02-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, only top 20% of the players get points. so i guess 20player sng's are the best way to go since top4 get paid, and top4 get points.

btw- what are the actual bonuses for being on the leaderboard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. The 20 player SNGs take a much longer time. I think you'd accrue leader board points faster at the STTs. I *highly* doubt the bonus is anything close to making this worth your while. In fact, I'm not sure you even get a guaranteed bonus. I'm sure Giga knows. I'm also pretty sure Giga cares very little whether he misses the top 20
% by a few hundred leaderboard points.

If it's your life goal to top the leader board then I guess playing like 8 or 16 $11 SNGs constantly all month may be the least -$EV way of doing it.

Yugoslav