PDA

View Full Version : JJ starts bad and keeps getting worse...

jordanx
02-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Live 6/12.

So I have J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB.

3 folds, 2 MP limpers, Button limps, I raise, BB calls, everyone else calls.

Flop K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet (clearly nobody has a king), BB and MP1 fold, MP2 calls, Button folds.

MP2 is average loose passive player who plays well if not pretty loose. Not 82o loose, but J8o loose, prolly doesn't play any 2 suited. He knows I'm a good player and fears me.

Turn (wouldn't you know it) A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Personally, I don't think he has an A or a flush here, I do think he has KT and is worried I have him dominated.

I don't want to check because giving him a free card to catch the club would be catostrophic. So I bet and look forward to folding to a raise?

sean c
02-01-2005, 12:02 PM
I think a turn bet fold to a raise is the play but what to do on the river? Lets say a blank hits you check he bets 10bb in the pot easy call or not? Input please.

PokerBob
02-01-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to check because giving him a free card to catch the club would be catostrophic. So I bet and look forward to folding to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

But will he fold his KT to your bet?

PokerBob
02-01-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a turn bet fold to a raise is the play but what to do on the river? Lets say a blank hits you check he bets 10bb in the pot easy call or not? Input please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to use a read in this case, as the game is live and you'll be able to SEE your opponent. That said, I think a busted club draw could bluff at this river, so a call is probably in order.

sean c
02-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Prob not but will he bet it if you check it to him on the turn and river and if so your still in for two bb with no chance of him laying his hand down. I think if you check the turn you fold to bet. Am I super weak or what.

sean c
02-01-2005, 12:20 PM
On a player read Jordan states the player knows I'm a good player a fears me so if Jordan bets the turn gets called with an ace and a king on the board a blank hits the river Jordan checks the other player bets are the jacks good enough times to call this bet? I think overvalueing my hands in live play against this exact type of player has been a killer leak for me lately.

Sarge85
02-01-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I don't think he has an A or a flush here, I do think he has KT and is worried I have him dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? - this seems a bit to narrow of an asessment. What indicators/thought process did you use to do this.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

jordanx
02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
On the flop, he was giving me that, 'I know I'm beat but I have to call' look. He's not an actor type and he was pretty hesitant about his actions.

This guy isn't gonna stick around w/ middle pair. So I'd say he'd have a flush draw, OESD, or TP. If he was on the flush or straight draw, I don't think he would've thought about it at all, just autocall, or raise even.

A lot of the time when you raise pre-flop, opponents auto-put you on AK. I'm pretty sure this is the case here.

jordanx
02-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I doubt if he has Kx here that he is folding.