PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for this dowswing..(variance, tables or site?)

B00T
02-01-2005, 11:03 AM
OK here is my issue...

Beginning of January I decided to start rockin Party 2/4. I left Party for awhile for personal reasons and played Crypto 1/2 pounds which is basically 2/4. I was runnin real well (like 5.5/100 over 9k hands). I was 6 tabling at the time.

I then got my 2 Dell 2001 monitors around the 10th and then continued playing except I bumped it up to 8 tables. I was just getting used to the extra added actions. I used to 7 table Crypto on my 2 old monitors with a little overlap so I was stoked to just grind out 2/4 at party. Ever since I got those monitors I have been running like crap. Small loser the next 20 days.

I am aware Party tables get more hands in per hour and the sheer volume of hands may of been a factor. 7 tabling Crypto is ~150 hands less an hr then 8 tabling Party.

I also used Playerview which I never used in the past. I am not sure if I was making too many plays based on reads and not just playing my normal game.

I dont expect to run at 5bb/100 or even 3bb/100.

Last night I decided to cut down to 6 tables and I was runnin well. I felt confident in my time to act and got some more independent reads not relying on Playerview.

Now my questions...

Is there really a big difference from 6 to 8 tables? I cant concentrate emphatically at each one, even at 6. Was it just variance that I started on a downswing? I think the bump to 8 tables played a factor but should not be nearly that large or explain a large dropoff. Am I just not utilizing Playerview correctly? I know I cant judge anything from a one night turn-around.

I have been playing for awhile and have 65k hands and way over 2/100 so I am thinking this could just be a downswing and I am looking too much into it. My downswings in the past were definitely affected by being on tilt. I surpassed that with experience and now just trying to troubleshoot a little.

Comments?