PDA

View Full Version : 5 step tournament

nrrd
02-01-2005, 10:03 AM
I need advise as to how to play the Step 5 single table tournament on Party Poker. I entered on Step 1 and made it to Step 5 on my first attempt (lucky,lucky,lucky). I am a novice player that plays only 5+1 and 10+1 sng's.I'd like to get in the "big bucks" since I've been lucky enough to get the chance. Any advise is appreciated.

ColdestCall
02-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Truth be told, you are going to have to get real lucky....Your best move is to read everything you can about single table tournaments in this forum (go back through the old threads) and spend some time applying what you've learned to the 10s. You will probably find that you win more often....Use the time and experience to build your roll some, and maybe play some higher STT's (20s, 30s, 50s) That Step 5 entry isnt going anywhere, even if it feels like it's burning a hole in your pocket right now. Use this opportunity as a good excuse to sharpen your game, so at least if you dont win the Step 5, you will have gotten a lot better overall.

Oh, and if you are not going to go through the trouble of all that, at least play real, real tight until level 4, and then play very aggressive pre-flop if your stack is around 10BB or less (i.e., push or fold)

Good luck!

Irieguy
02-01-2005, 02:45 PM
You should have somebody play it for you.

Irieguy

The Yugoslavian
02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have somebody play it for you.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Preferably Gigabet, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

schwza
02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
i sold a 2-table step 5 to a poster on this site and i think we were both pretty pleased with how it worked out. you can't transfer them directly, so i had to give him my password and let him log on to my account, but i trusted him and it worked out fine.

fwiw, i sold it for 1000 (instead of 1065).

skipperbob
02-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Like maybe "SkipperBob"

nrrd
02-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks. I like the idea of waiting and studying the situation for some time before jumping in.