PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 - This hand felt really dirty

mannika
02-01-2005, 09:23 AM
SB was something like 55/30/2.2 over 60 hands or so. The fold on the river feels so dirty and weak given the size of the pot, but I'm really seeing nothing I'm beating here. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Rubeskies
02-01-2005, 01:15 PM
What does the turn bet accomplish?

rory
02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
You guys have got to start understanding that folding your hand or checking when you are beat is not 'weak', it is correct. 'Weak' is putting in bets into a pot when you have the worst of it. I see all kinds of posts on here every day that use the word 'passive' like it means 'wussy' and 'aggressive' like it means 'good'.

You did play this hand very 'weak'-- when you raised the flop and bet the turn. Your 'weak' river fold was very strong.

spydog
02-01-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't mind the flop raise as long as you take a free card on the turn and you don't fear a 3-bet. Calling on the flop would be OK, as well.

River card is the worst. Hard to think you have any chance of being ahead, but you are 17:1, so I think calling might be borderline OK.

MAxx
02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does the turn bet accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that this was the worst decision of the hand. you unlikey have the besthand or best draw against this field and after action to this point. you turn bet has no real tangible value. you will get the entire field to fold to your turn bet approx 0% of the time.