PDA

View Full Version : SB defense against TAG

spydog
02-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Villian is a solid TAG and aggressive when stealing the blinds. I believe that he respects my play.

Preflop: Standard? If not, what is your minimum 3-betting pair?

Flop: I think he only caps premium hands preflop, so is it best to muck this? I planned to CR any non K or A turn.

Turn: Welcome surprise. How do I maximize? If he's got TT+, then I can lead and 3-bet. But, he isn't likely to put me on 33, 66, or any 5 based on my preflop 3-bet. So..if I checkraise I can get 2-bets out of AK and TT/JJ(?), and possibly 4 bets out of QQ+. Sound reasonable?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ..

Michael Davis
02-01-2005, 07:18 AM
I think the best way to maximize this hand is to check-call the turn and bet into him on the river. I expect him to bet this turn and not check behind because of the preflop cap and the fact the garbage board. I don't expect him to take a free card with ace high.

If you checkraise him on the turn, if he's got overcards, he's probably not paying you off. If he's got an overpair, he will probably raise you when you bet out on the river (except when a nasty straight card hits and yeah, this is a big deal), so you'll get three then, but you'll also get an extra bet when he has ace high and calls the river.

FWIW, there's no chance I fold this hand ever on this board. I would have checkraised the flop. His capping hands can't be that limited in this situation.

-Michael

spydog
02-01-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm surprised you would play this so passively on the turn. When this particular TAG caps the flop, he can be put on TT+, AQ+. If he's got a pocket pair then I can grab multiple bets on the turn. If he's got TT, JJ, QQ then I don't want to wait until the river because an overcard can hit that will scare him.

If I lead the turn, he calls with AQ+, but raises with a pocket pair. He's likely to call a river bet with A high on this sloppy board.

If I CR the turn, I think he puts me on a 'move' and at the very least he sees the river card with AQ+. If he's got QQ+, I think he 3-bets my CR and then I can cap him.

Trix
02-01-2005, 10:43 AM
check-raise the turn, he will bet here often as you call the flop unpaired often. He will also atleast call down often given the very drawy nature of the board and the fact that you dont have trips very often given your preflop play.

Just cap if he 3bets unless he is cabable of making a big fold, which most people arent in these games.

Lmn55d
02-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I would c/r the flop here too. I am wondering if you would cap if he 3bets you on flop?