PDA

View Full Version : eeek

stripsqueez
02-01-2005, 07:04 AM
$100+$9 on empire - i get AdAc around the middle - its hand 6 - 2 limpers to me so i raise to T75 - all fold except the BB and both limpers who call

flop is 10d 8d 4c - BB bets T50 - next guy raises to T250 - next guy pushes

the first limper has already identified himself as a likely chook by playing all but 1 hand to date

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

lorinda
02-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Not a comment either way, but you do have some outs if you're behind.

This may swing it to being a reluctant call if it's close.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 4c Td 8d
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ac Ad 121 12.22 869 87.78 0 0.00 0.122
Ts Th 869 87.78 121 12.22 0 0.00 0.878 </pre><hr />

Lori

ChrisV
02-01-2005, 10:58 AM
I would have made it 100 at least here. I don't see the point in keeping raises standard size on 10/15 when people are quite prepared to call larger ones.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....

Nobody bothers me except the allin guy, but he's a sizeable worry. I think this early I would call, but I don't like it.

hansarnic
02-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I think you have to fold this against unknowns. The BB worries me as well as the pusher. If he's remotely good the weak lead in a raised pot OOP is often a strong made hand looking to get someone comitted.

You've said the 1st limper turned raiser doesn't bother you, but then it's pushed by the second limper. What hand do you put him on? JJ - KK is unlikely the way he played it PF, so I think he has a set or a big draw (maybe something like QJd).

So you're either a huge dog or a marginal favourite vs. pusher. And there's a further chance BB made his set and is coming in behind.

AA suited
02-01-2005, 12:57 PM
1) you have a raiser and re-raiser all-in. i don't think your overpair is any good. they have 2 pair or set.

2) it's early in the tourny. why call an all-in at this point when you're probably behind. save your chips to fight another battle.

codewarrior
02-01-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$100+$9 on empire

flop is 10d 8d 4c - BB bets T50 - next guy raises to T250 - next guy pushes

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold - what are you ahead of here against action from unknowns? Has the action been similar previous to this hand? If so, I'm an advocate of limping with AKo here.

Elektrik
02-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Depending on the quality of your opposition, I don't think a set is very likely, as it was played too fast. Two pair is also unlikely (108s?), but possible. Things like JJ, strong draws, and AT seem likely.

On the other hand, it's early, and you still have 925 in your stack, which is more than workable if you fold.

I'm still on the fence with this one. Anyone else have some thoughts on it?

Scuba Chuck
02-01-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've said the 1st limper turned raiser doesn't bother you, but then it's pushed by the second limper. What hand do you put him on? JJ - KK is unlikely the way he played it PF, so I think he has a set or a big draw (maybe something like QJd).

[/ QUOTE ]

Put yourself in the second limpers shoes, if he does have QJd.

Preflop pot is T310. BB limps with 50, UTG raises 150, pot is now 510. Behind me is the original PF raiser. If I push (remaining 725 chips) I might win the hand right here. Or, I might get called by both the guy in front of me, and the guy behind, making the pot total 2,760 chips. Aren't these good implied odds for a guy with a gutshot straight draw and a flush draw? The more I think about it, this guy could have J9d, AKd, KQd, KJd.

This does seem a more likely scenario than the set, doesn't it? Or is the set worried about protecting his hand from the flush draw?

Man what a conundrum. Poker is great isn't it?

Scuba Chuck
02-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Sorry, I'm off my rocker today. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stripsqueez
02-02-2005, 05:11 AM
i called - i dont think a set is likely - most guys seem determined to check or call the flop with that hand

BB folded and the other 2 called - first guy had 9d6d and second guy had 7d5d - unfortunately the river was 6h

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

skipperbob
02-02-2005, 08:49 AM
the whole thing screams "collusion"

ChrisV
02-02-2005, 09:10 AM
This post is a good example of why I don't worry about collusion online. If you think this hand is a demonstration of how to collude well, then for your bankroll's sake I suggest you never take up collusion.