PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker Player's Club - BUY a partypoker million IV package!!!

Larimani
02-01-2005, 06:02 AM
Yesterday I spent 20,000 points on caps, beanies and the likes.

Today I open the party poker client & what do I see?

"Party for 7 days and earn more than 30,000 Party Points and you can buy a PPM IV cruise package for 50,000 Party Points!!!! "

It's rigged - I tell you - RIGGED!

Larimani
02-01-2005, 06:05 AM
I won't get it... so you might as well... only 20 packages available: Click here for more details (http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/ppm-party-cruise.html)

daveymck
02-01-2005, 06:24 AM
To clarify you have to earn the 30,000 in a seven day period so guess its for high rollers only.

Qualifying period: Tuesday, 1st of February until Monday 7th of February 2005

As soon as you have earned 30,000 Party Points please send a mail to info@partypoker.com telling them that you have qualified and you would like to purchase the package for 50,000 Party Points. Packages will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. Once you have sent your mail, we will verify the number of Party Points you have accumulated and award you a seat on the cruise. Your Party Points will be automatically deducted from your account. It’s that easy!

How do I know when I have earned enough Party Points?

Check your Point Balance on Tuesday, the 1st of February, by going to the Players Club tab in the "My Account" section on the Website.
Note down your Party Point Balance on a piece of paper.
Keep partying on partypoker.com every day and keep checking your Party Point Balance
Once you have earned more than 30,000 Party Points go and send an email to info@partypoker.com
Please note that you can only purchase a "PPM IV package" if you have 50,000 Party Points in your account. If you earn 30,000 Party Points in the qualifying period, but your total Party Point Balance does not reach 50,000 you will NOT be able to purchase a package. Therefore your Party Point Balance on the 1st of February should be at least 20,000 Party Points in order for you to participate in this promotion!

Sponger15SB
02-01-2005, 06:25 AM
so it looks like gigabet gets a free entry into the PPM IV!

Shoe
02-01-2005, 06:36 AM
This makes no freaking sense... email PP when you have 30k, but you need 50k to qualify?????

I would do this but I don't have enough points... how is this for EV all you people complaining about PP points being worhtless?

liquidboss
02-01-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you earn 30,000 Party Points in the qualifying period, but your total Party Point Balance does not reach 50,000 you will NOT be able to purchase a package. Therefore your Party Point Balance on the 1st of February should be at least 20,000 Party Points in order for you to participate in this promotion!

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to have 20k by the 1st, then earn 30k more in a week. Or before 20 others do it... that's why OP is so angry about it, he just spent 20k on trinkets. Ironic?

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Wow this looks tough.

4 tabling on the 15/30 jackpot tables gives you 24 points for every 20 hands.

Lets say play 4 tables of this for 12 hours a day.
250 hands/hour would give you 3k hands a day.
Lets say that 10 of these hours are during the happy hours from 4a-2p when the points are doubled.

So....2500 of the hands get you 6k points during happy hours.
Plus another 600 points for the 500 hands you play during non-happy hours.

This is 3100pts/day X 7 days = 21.7k points which is not enough.

more calculations to come!!

note - the points you get for depositing probably don't count because you don't get credit for those deposits until you leave in in your acct for 76 days. by then, you are past the qualifying period.

Same logic goes for the extra points you get for raked-days within a week. I don't think it helps you here because it doesn't hit your acct until after the qualifying period is over.

I also haven't found any info on the faster accumulation of points for silver-club members (15k or more points).

I do think that if you referred a ton of players IF those friends all release the bonus in time.
If you refer 7 players next week and they ALL complete complete the requirements then that is 10.5k points.

hmmmmm.

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Okay...I found it...Silver club members get points 1.5 times faster than regular club members.

except for the fact that it says that the first 'category assessment' takes place on March 31.
So we are all 'Blue' members until which makes the silver-club status thing irrelvent.

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 07:03 AM
okay....lets say I didn't want to sleep all week and was determined to do this at 5/10 6-max which is the game I play these days.

If I play from 4a-2p EVERY DAY on 4-tables that will be 10 hours X 300 hands per hour for 3k hands in this stretch perhaps....except that the hands have to be raked...which I guess means 2500 raked-hands is probably the VERY best you could do during the happy hours. (and I doubt that even this is realistic).

That's 2500 / 20 X 12 X 2 = 3000 points during happy-hours.

Add in 4 more hours during NON happy-hours for 1000 more raked-hands =
1000 /20 X 12 = 600 pts

So that's 3600 pts a day for only 16 hours of work.

3600 X 7 = 25.2k points

Crap....I'm still short.

This sucks.

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Rounding up some of the numbers being EXTREMELY optimistic.

Lets go back to 300 raked-hands per hour 4-tabling the 6-max. 3k hds in those 10 hours.

3600 points per day during happy hours X 7 days = 25.2k pts

Get in another 1350 raked-hds during non-happy hours each day = 810 pts per day X 7 days = 5670 points

25.2k + 5.67k = 30870 points

Hoo-ray!!!
but these are REALLY optimistic figures for # of raked hands.
also...if 20 people beat you to it that would REALLY suck.
Plus...I've already missed the first few hours of the week in happy hours. Darn!!

lorinda
02-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Play the 1000 steps, it's easy

"Tournaments which have $60 or more as tournament fees Participants in these tournaments will be awarded 100 Party Points "

Lori

lorinda
02-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Even easier during happy hour.

Lori

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 07:25 AM
so just 43 of those $1k buy-in tourneys per day and I'm good to go!!!

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 07:28 AM
oh right....

22 per day during happy hour.

Actually, I suspect a couple people who get this will do it via those tourneys.
I don't look at them very much so I don't know how many people there really are who can afford to buy into these directly.

Do they run very frequently??

KaBoom
02-01-2005, 07:29 AM
LOL! 11-table night and day for a week, don't smoke piss or blink and make sure your call gets in TOP 20 and you might win a package!

Looks like they hired the dumbass Indian from Empire who created the VIP point formula.

TylerD
02-01-2005, 08:10 AM
They only have 20 to give away. I gurantee that those 20 will be given away. They can set those requirements as high as possible and still expect 20 of their 5 million users to reach it.

BradleyT
02-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Too bad you can't 11 table or it would be much easier.

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 02:08 PM
That's exactly what i thought when i read his post....man, if i could play more than 4 tables this would be a freaking breeze.

as it stands, this is kind of a pain in the ass.

Greg Zabawa
02-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Wow, so is this even worth playing for? I 4 table 5/10 6-Max, but even if you log 12 hours a day 4 tabling is it even reachable?

PokerBob
02-01-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I spent 20,000 points on caps, beanies and the likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 02:24 PM
probably not.

maybe reachable if you do it during their happy-hours when the points are doubled....4a-2p EST.

also...you already missed the first happy-hours period (which ends in a few minutes) whereas I am almost 3k hands ahead of you....but I have NO DOUBT that you are feeling better than me right now because i am REALLY tired and kinda feel like crap!!

Greg Zabawa
02-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I just checked my point breakdown from January. On the 21st I played 5/10 6 Max for 8 hours, with 4 of those being happy hours and I still only accumulated 2719 points. Unless you play extremely high stakes, this is not worth the time and effort. Us 5/10 6 Max players would have to play all 10 happy hours plus 4-5 additional hours to have a chance at 30k points in a week.

Greg Zabawa
02-01-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
probably not.

maybe reachable if you do it during their happy-hours when the points are doubled....4a-2p EST.

also...you already missed the first happy-hours period (which ends in a few minutes) whereas I am almost 3k hands ahead of you....but I have NO DOUBT that you are feeling better than me right now because i am REALLY tired and kinda feel like crap!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, since it seemed impossible to reach when I thought I had 7 days, I'm certainly not gonna try now that I only have 6 and a half. Why wouldn't Party give more advance notice? I'm sure it's in their best interest to have as many ppl as possible knowing and trying for these.

On a side note, this is pure genius by Party Poker. There will be probably 150-250 people seriously trying for these and the extra rake generated must be astronomical.

Emperor
02-01-2005, 02:36 PM
If I would have known about this 6 days ago then I would have made 30 - $500 deposits and would have gotten 30K points today... DANGIT!

If they are willing to let a PPM IV package go for 50K points, then their PPM IV freerolls should be 10 entrant SnG's not 500 person MTT's 500x5000points = winners of the MTTs got screwed compared to the lucky bastards who made 30 - $500 deposits 6 days ago :P

Bellagibro
02-01-2005, 02:44 PM
The only way I can think of to virtually guarantee a seat is to have your account playing 24 hrs a day. You would need a friend or two and play in shifts. Then once the seat is secured, pay your buddy a fair amount for his hard work.

Predator314
02-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Don't they just give you points for depositing money? Just spend the whole day making cashouts and deposting money to your account.

KingMedicine
02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
i have to admit im a little pissed at party for this, although i agree its genius on their part.

i had 20k points and i completely blew off 10k points last saturday playing in idiot freerolls. i played completely crazy in them and dont think i made it past level 1-2 in any of them. i have no interest in the PP gear so i figured the points were complete garbage and figured if i doubled up 4-5 times in the freeroll i would take them serious. i didnt and i wasted 10k in points.

IF i still had the 20k points in my account, i think the thing to do would be to work in shifts with 1-2 friends. i have a couple unemployed friends (well, theyre employed by playing poker) and they would certainly have agreed to play on my account when i couldnt to have the account running 24 hours a day.

since im surely not the only person who has thought of this, this means that if you DONT have your account running for 24 hours a day, i cant imagine you have any chance whatsoever to be in the top 20. certainly 20 people are doing this out there and will have the 30k points in the next 3-4 days, making it pointless to try if you're playing by yourself for a measly 14-16 hours a day.

so, microbob, youd better find someone to play your account for you if youre seriously going to try to get there. good luck and let us know how you're doing.

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
3rd time i've covered this and the 2nd time in this thread (and someone else already mentioned it again also). ....

you do not receive points for your deposits until AFTER you leave the money in there for 7 days...if you cash-out earlier than that then no points.
depositing funds now will just get you a whole bunch of points 7 days from now when the qualifying period is concluded.

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
yeah...i admit i hadn't considered the team-aspect.

i honestly don't know any poker players well enough to let them onto my acct. not sure if i'll make it or not.

i got in 3k hands today during happy-hours....mostly at 10/20 ....so i'm doing pretty well so far and probably have more than 4k points already in this thing.

Some have mentioned 150-200 players going after this which may or may not be correct....and others think 20 teams will get together and play 24-hours a day and take all the spots.

in either of these scenarios i would have virtually no chance.
i'm not sure there will be 20 teams though. maybe....just not sure. but i'm definitely NOT liking my chances the more I think about this.

oh well...it was a profitable stretch of 3.1k hands.
and MAYBE there will only be 10 or so 24-hour teams and MAYBE I really will have a chance on this ...asuming I even stick with it all week which is a pretty big assumption.
If I get tired of it or am convinced I'm not going to make it or if anything reasonably not-that-important comes up I won't be that sorry if I have to drop it.

but some Pacific waters in a a couple mths courtesy of the fine folks at partypoker WOULD be really nice IF I could find some way to actually pull this off.

okay....i'm exhausted after my first 3.1k hands...time for bed...
thank god...that actually felt like real work.

Wabby
02-01-2005, 04:49 PM
This should be quite easy. Go to the street and find 15 random people woth a computer. Ask them if they would like to get paid 50 dollars to play on party poker?

Let them register. You pay them 50 dollars of your own pocket. Make sure they play 50 games to release their bonus. You will get paid 1-3k players point for each.

Vupti, in a few hours you have 30k points and have bought a package for less than 1k

I wish I had 20k allready...

Wabby

Bellagibro
02-02-2005, 01:05 AM
I wonder how many 2+2 players will get the package. My guess is more than one.

Daliman
02-02-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They only have 20 to give away. I gurantee that those 20 will be given away. They can set those requirements as high as possible and still expect 20 of their 5 million users to reach it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Highly doubtful. I'd be very surprised if more than 10 people did it, and most of them will be 1k Steps players.

Benholio
02-02-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Highly doubtful. I'd be very surprised if more than 10 people did it, and most of them will be 1k Steps players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about that. I think it will be easier to clear the points at 15/30 (especially BBJ). If you can manage to 4-table step 5's at all times (not guaranteed availability), you earn at 400 pts per hour.

4-tabling 15/30 (or 5/10 even) BBJ tables will yeild somewhere around 450-480 points/hr, assuming 375-400 raked hands per hour. These tables are also always available.

I think you'll find 15/30 players making the goal somewhere around day 5 / early day 6. I know if that was my regular stomping grounds I'd make it by the end of day 5.

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 03:26 AM
Very interesting analysis and I agree to a certain extent.
But remember that it doesn't HAVE to be just 4 tourneys per hour (if there are enough available)...because if you get elimnated reasonably early in one then , voila, you are entering your 5th that hour.

FWIW - I think you can get raked-hands so much faster at 10/20 6-max then 15/30 full that it might roughly equal EV.

Yesterday I played from about 5a - 1p (central time) and got in 3100 hands. Yup...almost 400 hds/hr which REALLY surprised the hell out of me. Some of these were 3 or 4 handed....so I got in more hands...but there were more 'steal the blinds PF' situations that didn't generate a rake....so the 400 hds/hr figure is certainly distorted and I'm interested to see how many points I got when they update it. Perhaps 4k or so.

I'm equally concerned about the STEPS players as well as the idea of 24-hour non-stop teams.
I think I have a reasonable shot since I got a decent head-start by knowing about it pracitcally right-away after they announced it and by already having a sleep-scheduile that kind of coincides with the happy-hours.

I don't think I'm going to make it to be perfectly honest...but I think I have a chance.

I slept from 1p-5p and then my GF and I had dinner and went to the Memphis basketball game tonight and I'm just starting out my 'shift' right now. IF (and that's a big IF) I'm able to keep on plugging away until 1p (central-time) then I should be in reasonable shape.

But there are a couple things that could hold me up.
the first is general fatigue...I'm really tired already and have to think that the possibility of not making it past 7a is a very real one. I'd like to get the points but I'm not going to make myself totally miserable trying to get it.
The other is variance....if I start to get clobbered at 10/20 6-max I'm not going to stay there and let my funds bleed away...I'll have to go back to 5/10 6-max where I'll obviously earn fewer points.

I got my coffee going and I'm ready to try it....but i really am pretty freaking tired.

Greg Zabawa
02-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Good luck Bob, we're all pulling for ya. If I had known about it as early as you did, I might have given it a shot.

HesseJam
02-02-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I would have known about this 6 days ago then I would have made 30 - $500 deposits and would have gotten 30K points today... DANGIT!

If they are willing to let a PPM IV package go for 50K points, then their PPM IV freerolls should be 10 entrant SnG's not 500 person MTT's 500x5000points = winners of the MTTs got screwed compared to the lucky bastards who made 30 - $500 deposits 6 days ago :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says that this hasn't been done a couple of days ago? How many inside Party might have known of this 1-2 days before it was advertised in the Lobby? How many of these personally know any Party users for whom this could have been valuable information? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's only 20 seats...

... so good luck!

Losing all
02-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Here's a scenerio- a party employee (say Akbar Poonpoon) has a cousin in the states (lets call him Freddy Poonpoon). It would look very funny to the brain trust running party if Mr. Freddy Poonpoon just happended to make 30, $500 deposits last thursday.

In reality the masterminds behind party probably wouldn't catch on. There would be no Poonpoon loss of job or account lockings, but could they live with what they did?

HesseJam
02-02-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... but could they live with what they did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, OK, probably not! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Benholio
02-02-2005, 05:15 AM
GL Bob!

I agree that you are definately up against some 24-hour teams, but I'm sure you have a chance. I would think these teams would get 18-20 hours in each day, which a person could approach alone, anyway. Hopefully if they played 22-24 hours, Party would catch on/care about it.

Losing all
02-02-2005, 05:26 AM
On a more serious note. I hope this puts an end to the assinine "500 beanies" orders/posts. Seeing that you have to kill yourself for a week, at the biggest limits, this ain't exactly the best thing since sliced bread, but it's an indication they might offer a little more than $3 overlay freerolls, etc.

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 05:26 AM
As I may or may not have stated previously (like I'm going to go back and double-check while I'm in the process of doing it)...even if I don't get the cruise I had intentions of getting in more hands than usual this week to make up for a crappy january.

If I somehow stick with this insane exercise and get in 20k hands at 10/20 with even a modest 1.5BB/100 win-rate then that's a $6k week right there and I could look forward to SEVERAL days off (mostly anyway...I would still need to play 1k or 1400 hands or whatever for the empire reload).

I don't think I'm a favorite to get this...I'm an outside shot and would put my chances at less than 50/50 due to factors we've already mentioned (including that i gave my starting advantage over some other players/teams by hanging out with the GF for a few hours).

While I'm admittedly less than 50/50 I'm honestly not sure how MUCH less I am.
I'm guessing I have around a 30-40% shot of being one of the first 20 (if I don't get my ass kicked at 10/20 and IF I don't get too tired too fast).
but with enough teams and steps players I might be drawing virtually dead for all I know.

My hope is that if they do get the 20 before I complete it they announce it so that i can cut it short and not get my hopes up.
I suspect they won't announce who got it until next week though so as to keep the doofuses like me at the tables for just a little while longer.

Shoe
02-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Good Luck Bob, I'm rooting for you! One thing you might have going for you, I'm sure that atleast a few of the others capable of earning that number of points have already won their spot on the boat, so maybe you aren't up against as many people as you think.

TylerD
02-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Care to place a wager on that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW: good luck Bob.

HesseJam
02-02-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

While I'm admittedly less than 50/50 I'm honestly not sure how MUCH less I am.
I'm guessing I have around a 30-40% shot of being one of the first 20 (if I don't get my ass kicked at 10/20 and IF I don't get too tired too fast).
but with enough teams and steps players I might be drawing virtually dead for all I know.

I suspect they won't announce who got it until next week though so as to keep the doofuses like me at the tables for just a little while longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your chances are existent but less than 30% .

Things going against you:
- 5 Trillion Party users vs. 20 seats
- team play
- some high and plenty rollers who coincidentally did 10 or more TAFs last week.
- any fishy ploys by Party or by Party employees
- if unlucky, extended downswings may bring fear of going broke because you think "if this continues until I have made the 30K

Factors going for you:
- Early start
- Determination
- Your motivational back up plan (or MAIN plan) that you wanted to get in more hands anyway is very good because you do not have to wonder all the time whether your efforts have been all in vain.
- extended upswings.

I am rooting for you, Bob!

Go Bob, go!

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys...will be loving life if I get it. No regrets if I don't.

10/20 6-max doesn't have as many total donkeys as 5/10.
I'm down a little bit for today...but am still up since I started the grand quest yesterday....I was winning around 10BB/100 at 10/20 6-max when I first started and obviously that wasn't going to continue.

Some misplays in there as I'm still learning this tougher game....but also my AA and KK's just aren't holding up. KK just lost to 54o with a 5 on the flop and another on the turn. ho-hum and blah blah blah.

What amazes me is the pace.
I'm not playing on 6-max tables that are any faster than 'usual' but I'm getting about 100 hds/hr on each.
After 3 hours of 4-tabling in the happy-hours period I will have almost 1200 hands.

So If I can get in close to 4k total hands by 1p central (end of happy-hours) and if 3500 of those are raked then that's 6300 player-points.
Tack on some non-happyhours play and I should be able to get 7k points.

I'm guessing I got 4k points yesterday (why don't they update the points on the acct page?? I'm still waiting).
7k more on Weds and Thurs and I'll be at 18k total.
Maybe even 20k total if things go REALLY well.

So if things go as I think they might I could conceiveable get there sometime on the weekend.

Bigdaddydvo
02-02-2005, 08:19 AM
I've run 14 marathons in my life, including Boston 6 times and NYC twice. I don't think I have the endurance to do what you're doing. We're pulling for you.

I'm just trying to earn my way in via ghetto 7 dollar PPM IV sub qualifier. I'll be playing in the Semis this weekend.

Wabby
02-02-2005, 08:21 AM
I hardly think you have a chance at all.

My guess is that at least 20 people will get 12 new players recruited and cash in the cruise today or tomorrow.

It should be rather easy if you wish to spend 600 usd on the cruise.

Wabby

fluff
02-02-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hardly think you have a chance at all.

My guess is that at least 20 people will get 12 new players recruited and cash in the cruise today or tomorrow.

It should be rather easy if you wish to spend 600 usd on the cruise.

Wabby

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! The tell-a-friend scheme is indeed the easiest way. Heck someone in a fraternity or something could probably do it in one day.

B00T
02-02-2005, 11:02 AM
I agree that the 20 people already have the points.

I am putting Bob's chances at 1%. I am figuring at the minimum 10 have been finished by referrals already. I would be surprised if even 2 seats are not given away from referrals. If there are two left, any teams would surely hammer Bob out of the water.

GG Bob /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 11:11 AM
WEll....I admit that you guys are starting to convince me.

But I've come this far and only have 4 hours to go to the finish of this happy-hours period so I might as well play it out and then think about whether or not to continue.

FWIW - I'm still on pace for 4k hands in the 10 hours of happy hours...so if 3500 are raked that's 6300 points right there.

Also...left-over BBQ ribs for breakfast at 6am are might tasty....but it's kind of inconevenient when trying to negotiate a mouse at the same time.

HesseJam
02-02-2005, 11:28 AM
I just visualized how your mouse might look like after having alternated frantically between the ribs and the mouse.

Any screen shots available?

Yesterday I 4-tabled only 1000 hands in one go and felt like sh!t afterwards.

Respec!

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 12:03 PM
sorry. no pics.
maybe next time.

it actually wasn't as messy as you are probably imagining to be honest.

okay - they finally updated the player-points page.
As you may recall, I was estimating perhaps 4k points on my first day and maybe a tad more.

Well, I got 4836 points in only about 8 hours of play so I'm pretty pleased.
Less than 100 of these points came during non-happyhours.

I think I might push 7200 points reasonably easily today for 12k points in the first two days.

I might get extra play in today on top of that....OR I might get well-rested and feeling better tomorrow...

Either way, I see 21k points by mid-day Thursday as an achieveable, although difficult, goal if I REALLY work hard. Either 7k and 9k today and tomorrow...or perhaps 8k and 8k.

So I'm in pretty good shape to get to 30k points by the weekend....whether or not that will be sufficient is still uncertain obviously.

wjmooner
02-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Bob,

Don't you get 1000 points for deposits as well? You should flood them with as many deposits as you can. I think the minimum is 600$ for 1000 points.

Just hoping to give you some ideas.

Good luck!
WJ

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 01:06 PM
topic addressed about 9-zillion times.
No...this will not help because you don't get the points until 7 days AFTER you deposit.

sorry for the attitude....i'm a little cranky.
I guess it happens on little sleep somewhere around 4k total hands.

KingMedicine
02-02-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No...this will not help because you don't get the points until 7 days AFTER you deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

bob, im following your progress and i think you should definitely stay at it.
one thing is that if you make the 30k points this week and find out that theyve already given away the 20 trips, i would send a long involved email to party pleading your case on why you deserve the trip as well. certainly it is a TON more work to play the hands by yourself than it is to have 30 of your frat brothers sign up or to have a team working your account. id tell them that you went about this honestly and remind them how much rake you generated during the week (an actual figure from pokertracker would probably be good here).

i wouldnt threaten them or anything, but i would definitely spend some time writing them a lengthy email. its at least worth a shot. good luck and keep updating.

RollaJ
02-02-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3rd time i've covered this and the 2nd time in this thread (and someone else already mentioned it again also). ....

you do not receive points for your deposits until AFTER you leave the money in there for 7 days...if you cash-out earlier than that then no points.
depositing funds now will just get you a whole bunch of points 7 days from now when the qualifying period is concluded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny, the first thing I did was try to deposit $10,000. Unfortunately they had a $2500 limit. But according to what you are saying it wouldnt have worked anyhow /images/graemlins/frown.gif

theredwave
02-02-2005, 01:47 PM
The max amount of points you can get with a deposit is 1000, if it's $500 or over, anyway. Nice try though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1C5
02-02-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bob, im following your progress and i think you should definitely stay at it.
one thing is that if you make the 30k points this week and find out that theyve already given away the 20 trips, i would send a long involved email to party pleading your case on why you deserve the trip as well. certainly it is a TON more work to play the hands by yourself than it is to have 30 of your frat brothers sign up or to have a team working your account. id tell them that you went about this honestly and remind them how much rake you generated during the week (an actual figure from pokertracker would probably be good here).

i wouldnt threaten them or anything, but i would definitely spend some time writing them a lengthy email. its at least worth a shot. good luck and keep updating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is a good idea. Also Bob, an option migt be to try to get a couple people to sign up if you can, not sure how much that would help your quest butI guess it is an option if you can't finish just by playing. Good luck.

Emmitt2222
02-02-2005, 01:53 PM
At this point I am just praying Bob has rakeback.

Daliman
02-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Seeing now that there are teams working on this, no.

Bellagibro
02-02-2005, 04:13 PM
I am certain there is a team out there working on this.