PDA

View Full Version : BEST SITE for 10/20 sngs?

snapfc01
02-01-2005, 05:55 AM
wondering what people's favorite sites for low(10/20) sngs are and why... debating to try others.

thanks for any input

lutefisk
02-01-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm still pretty new to the game, but I personally prefer UB. That's where I got started, so that's part of my preference. I like the slower pace, 1000 chips and 10min blind increases. Maybe this means I tend toward too tight later in the Party games. I've found that 2 table Party SnG's keep a similar pace and they have worked decently for me so far.

wbrumfiel
02-01-2005, 01:18 PM
I too love the 1000 chip starting stack at UB. Plus the fact that most people play too loose in the first couple of rounds.

codewarrior
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Stars seems to be (almost) just a fishy as anyplace else recently. That plus the structure (T1500 to start + timed levels instead of every ten hands) makes it perfect for me. Your mileage may vary.

revots33
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree, for me Stars is the best. 1500 stack size and timed levels give good players a better chance to win. They have excellent software too - love the delays before the turn and river when someone's all-in. On Party all 5 cards come so fast, I don't even realize I lost until my money's gone. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also, another big benefit with Stars is the 9-person structure of the SNGs. I realize the payouts are a little less but I like only having to beat 6 instead of 7 to get ITM.

snapfc01
02-01-2005, 02:04 PM
thanks alot... i have only played at stars so far and like it just wondering what the other sites had to offer.

Pulplife
02-01-2005, 02:10 PM
I agree with the Poker Stars players. Not only do you get 1500 chips and 10 min levels, but if you like a shorter game, the 12+1 and 35+3 six handed tables are awesome!!!

At the 12+1, you are up agaist 5 others with a 1500 stack and a bunch LAG's. It a perfect combination for getting ITM.

Pulp /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RobD
02-01-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On Party all 5 cards come so fast, I don't even realize I lost until my money's gone. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As picky as it is, this is probably my #1 complaint about partypoker SNGs. I don't see why they have it that way.

Sluss
02-01-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, another big benefit with Stars is the 9-person structure of the SNGs. I realize the payouts are a little less but I like only having to beat 6 instead of 7 to get ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever done the math to find out how this effects overall profit? Sure I could do a search, but I'm being lazy.

stillnotking
02-01-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On Party all 5 cards come so fast, I don't even realize I lost until my money's gone. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As picky as it is, this is probably my #1 complaint about partypoker SNGs. I don't see why they have it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, to me this is one of the best aspects of Party's software. Once there are no more decisions to be made, I just like to see all the cards flash up and then on to the next hand (or the next SNG).

Jbrochu
02-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree regarding Stars and starting with 1500 chips. I just switched to Stars from Party, and I was a little nervous because I'm a fairly new player and heard Stars players are better, but I'm doing a lot better through 40 SnG's at Stars than I was at Party.

I like being able to play tight early, but not having to be so tight that I'm afraid to step out and play good cards in good position. I also think at Stars you're a little more free to call with proper pot odds, without getting crippled when your draw fails to come through. At Party, unless you're a big stack you cannot usually play drawing hands, imo...

morgan180
02-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know about you guys but I love the short stacks in the party games, i can't stand being in an SNG for an hour and a half - i like the 30/40 minute versions at party.

Otherwise I like the pokerstars games just because you can actually play poker - instead of being so formulaic in the approach.

but for pure profit/hour i like party - i play 3 in the course of an hour and a half and i'm happy.

zaphod
02-01-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re: BEST SITE for 10/20 sngs? [Re: RobD]
#1652013 - 02/01/05 04:57 PM Edit Reply Quote

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Party all 5 cards come so fast, I don't even realize I lost until my money's gone.

That's funny, to me this is one of the best aspects of Party's software. Once there are no more decisions to be made, I just like to see all the cards flash up and then on to the next hand (or the next SNG).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. Once it is all in time, all i really want to see is my opponents hand and the result of the hand. The faster the better.