PDA

View Full Version : Is Tedy Bruschi a Hall of Famer?

SuitedSixes
02-01-2005, 05:41 AM
Arizona Daily Star (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/cardinals/59418.php)

I am biased, but I think so. All he does is win and all he does is make plays. Do you know he wasn't even a linebacker in college? He was a down lineman and tied Derrick Thomas' record for career sacks.

youtalkfunny
02-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm a Pats fan, but I don't vote Tedi in.

My criteria has always been, "If you need to debate it, he doesn't go in." Jim Rice (MLB) has been the only exception to that rule, IMO.

On this team, it's Brady, Dillon, and Vinatieri.

Toro
02-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I'd love to vote yes, but no he isn't. HOF should be reserved for players who have dominated their era at their particular position. Bruschi is a very good player and one of my favorites but he doesn't fall into this category imo.

istewart
02-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Nope, and I wouldn't say Dillon is either.

B00T
02-01-2005, 09:15 AM
There are like 4 million people in the football hall of fame...He has done more than probably 60% of the people in there. Let him in.

Phil Van Sexton
02-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Sorry. No way. He spent a few years trying to find a position, then a few years as "good" player, and the last 2-3 years as a great player. To make the HOF, you must be great for an extended period of time, or super-human during a career cut short by injury.

If you want talk about a bordeline HOFer on the Patriots, I think there will be an interesting debate about Rodney Harrison. I watched him play many times for the Chargers, so there's no debate in my mind. Since he gets jobbed for the pro-bowl every year, there are obviously people who disagree.

NoPeak
02-01-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are like 4 million people in the football hall of fame...He has done more than probably 60% of the people in there. Let him in.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Cmon, he doesnt have a chance of making the HOF.

droolie
02-01-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Arizona Daily Star (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/cardinals/59418.php)

I am biased, but I think so. All he does is win and all he does is make plays. Do you know he wasn't even a linebacker in college? He was a down lineman and tied Derrick Thomas' record for career sacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's get him to the Pro Bowl before we start talking about HOF. He currently has no chance. If he makes a few Pro Bowls over the next 4+ years and the Pats win 2 or 3 more Super Bowls the argument changes.

(I'm a HUGE Bruschi fan)

lapoker17
02-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Wait, people are actually debating this?

Classic.

The Ocho
02-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Bowl means nothing. Look at who made the AFC squad this year at LB.

radek2166
02-01-2005, 11:45 AM
No hes not. I do like what he has done with the unibrow

droolie
02-01-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pro Bowl means nothing. Look at who made the AFC squad this year at LB.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right that the Pro Bowl means nothing the voting is a joke and the most deserving players are often overlooked. Unfortunatley Pro Bowl appearances tends to be a good bell weather for HOF induction. Look at every HOFer. All of them went to at least one and most of them have went to many. Tedy hasn't been to a single one.

radek2166
02-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Hey Droolie this might give you a boner. I dated a chick he tried to bed while they were in college.

VBM
02-01-2005, 12:02 PM
nope. in this generation, there's ray lewis, *maybe* urlacher, and as an outside shot, keith brooking.

it's not a knock on bruschi, who is fantastic, but the HOF is reserved for the truly special...

Toro
02-01-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, and I wouldn't say Dillon is either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but it's not out of the question that he could get there. Right now he has 9696 carrer yards over 8 seasons, averaging 1212 per season and 4.4 ypc, better numbers than Earl Campbell posted in his 8 year career.

This year he gained 1635 yards and for the first time is on a team where he'll get some exposure. A couple more years like this one and I think Dillon could get in.

radek2166
02-01-2005, 12:08 PM
urlacher. How many seasons has he played? I think you need to play a few full seasons.

Shajen
02-01-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
urlacher. How many seasons has he played? I think you need to play a few full seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bears fan, and I agree with this.

Urlacher is an amazing LB, but he needs a few more seasons.

As of right now, he's no Singletary. He could be though. The man is a great player, has great instincts, but a couple seasons a career does not make.

VBM
02-01-2005, 12:30 PM
not to nit-pick but i did say *maybe*...

can we agree that
ray lewis > urlacher > brooking

and bruschi isn't there?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-01-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bears fan, and I agree with this.

Urlacher is an amazing LB, but he needs a few more seasons.

As of right now, he's no Singletary. He could be though. The man is a great player, has great instincts, but a couple seasons a career does not make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, he needs to win a few games too. He needs to get the hell off the Bears or else the Bears better start winning if he ever wants to make the HOF.

Shajen
02-01-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, he needs to win a few games too. He needs to get the hell off the Bears or else the Bears better start winning if he ever wants to make the HOF.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ref is deducting two for a low blow.

That's two points this round.

*DING DING*

In all seriousness, I honestly believe the Bears are a couple seasons away from being a very good team. They are young and quick on D, and the offense wasn't playing badly at all with Grossman in. After he got hurt the season was over.

(is this what it used to be like to be a Patriots fan? years of suckitude followed by (hopefully) ruling the league?)

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-01-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The ref is deducting two for a low blow.

That's two points this round.

*DING DING*

In all seriousness, I honestly believe the Bears are a couple seasons away from being a very good team. They are young and quick on D, and the offense wasn't playing badly at all with Grossman in. After he got hurt the season was over.

(is this what it used to be like to be a Patriots fan? years of suckitude followed by (hopefully) ruling the league?)

[/ QUOTE ]
The Bears have been a couple years away from being decent for about 10 years now. By the time they get it together, Urlacher will be gone and they'll have to start again. Their gestation period is way too long. That's right, gestation.

NoPeak
02-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Bruschi has around 500 tackles,25 sacks,11 int's, and 17 ff's for his 9 season career. Edwards,Lewis,Brooks,and Seau all have better stats and Bulluck,Brooking,Wilson,Fletcher,Spikes,Urlacher,P orter,Arrington are a few who will probably end up with better stats. The SB rings are not enough to get his stats to start looking like HOF material.

radek2166
02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, he needs to win a few games too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totaly disagree with that statement. Barry Sanders!

radek2166
02-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Seau is a hall of famer