PDA

View Full Version : Beer die. The game of kings...

Arsene Lupin III
02-01-2005, 05:03 AM
I was discussing stuff with a friend from school (and a poster on UPF) on a nl100 6max table. He'd moved away from winston and wake forest to do a year's work at an accounting firm in order to settle down, play poker part time, and build a roll. I have faith he'll be a pretty damn good player in the long run.

Regardless, the subject turned to beer die. For those of you who don't know, it's a drinking game played with teams of two (or single players) facing off at opposite ends of a table. The goals of the game are to get the opposing player(s) drunk by hitting their cup with the die (known as the 'plink'), throwing the die into the cup (or the 'plunk,' a feat for which one is permitted to mark the table with an inmate's 'daily scratch'), or to score points by throwing the die onto the table and having them fail to catch it. Points may also be scored in some venues by batting a bounced or a long throw with the hand into the mouth. There are numerous additional rules which need not be explained.

I was wondering whether anyone else here had ever played the game. Also, where do you think it stacks up in relation to BP/beirut and other drinking games which take place primarily as tests of physical ability.

For your entertainment, here is a self portrait: Lupin playing die. (http://q.bitey.net:8888/~lupin/pics/Spring2005/Lupin%20Playing%20Beer%20Die.jpg)

-adam, 300 plunks this school year.

p.s. If the die hits our ceiling fan and lands biz (5) up, the thrower must perform a naked lap around the house. Any other house rules?

housenuts
02-01-2005, 05:14 AM
also known as dice hockey.