PDA

View Full Version : Software to autofold bad hands

CardMinger
02-01-2005, 04:27 AM
Is anyone aware if a software exists that reads partypoker hands and autofolds crap hands while alerting you to decent holdings. I am aware that winholdem might do something like this but I am not looking for something to play for me, just something to auto fold hands outside a specified range.

If nothing like this is out there would anyone else find it usefull or would it be unethical to use such a thing?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

beta1607
02-01-2005, 05:27 AM
I am almost 100% sure that this is against Party's Terms and Conditions and if they caught it could close your account.

amirpc
02-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Well if you're automatically folding bad hands preflop whats to stop you from automatically folding junk on the flop, or turn...

Also what happens when the author doesn't become satisfied with just folding junk hands preflop and wants to make it sensitive to position so it'll fold 89s UTG but on the button it'll limp it. And then when he wants to make it know that he should only limp it when there are limpers before him, otherwise raise...

You see where I'm going?

Matt Ruff
02-01-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone aware if a software exists that reads partypoker hands and autofolds crap hands while alerting you to decent holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need software for this, you just need a little brother.

"Here Mikey, I'll give you a quarter for every Sklansky Group 1 hand you find."

-- M. Ruff

Derek in NYC
02-01-2005, 02:09 PM
While there are definitely some autofold hands (small unsuited, and gapped cards), there are many situations where the logic is too complex. You're giving significant EV if you're autofolding medium/small suited connectors in late position after limpers, but the exact same hand is an autofold UTG.

AngryCola
02-01-2005, 02:40 PM
See this thread.

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1576850&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)