PDA

View Full Version : Coldcalling Flop Raises

gaming_mouse
02-01-2005, 04:25 AM
Both villains here are LAGs. This is the reason I did not semi-bluff the flop: there was no chance of getting 2 folds.

My question is on my flop coldcall. My J outs were clearly good, and I had a backdoor flush draw which was probably good. Let's say 5 full outs there. MP2 might easily have raised here with TP to drive me out. In that case, my overcards give me 5 more outs. Of course, he might also have a set or two pair.

All these considered, I called. What do you think?

The turn call was for the flush draw, and then the flop call was for my TP. Some might value bet here, but I suspected that MP2 might have more than tens, and knew he would bet his tens anyway. So I lose nothing by c/calling, but save a bet when I'm behind.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (8.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB