PDA

View Full Version : Weird Favor

MEbenhoe
01-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Who wants to edit my application to the fitness program at my college for me? It's due tomorrow (yeah I know I'm a procrastinator) and I can't find anyone around who's good in english and grammar. These areas are definitely my weakness as well and I'd like to make sure that my application doesn't look like [censored].

pshreck
01-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Dont worry, Im sure everyone applying to the fitness program has the same problem.

P.S... I dont do my own homework this early in the semester, so I cant do someone elses. It would be wrong.

MEbenhoe
01-31-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont worry, Im sure everyone applying to the fitness program has the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very weak to imply that everyone applying to the fitness program is dumb. I'm just not very confident in my gramatical skills.

istewart
02-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Very weak, but as a general statement, largely correct.

MEbenhoe
02-01-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but being the exception to the rule I tend to take offense to the generalizations.

pshreck
02-01-2005, 12:03 AM
First of all, I was clearly kidding around and I don't really have any evidence on this. Fitness freaks are generally meatheads from what I've seen, so I made the joke. If you are gonna enter this profession/study this, get used to it.

MEbenhoe
02-01-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I was clearly kidding around and I don't really have any evidence on this. Fitness freaks are generally meatheads from what I've seen, so I made the joke. If you are gonna enter this profession/study this, get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh its ok, I only have to put up with it until after grad school at which point I should have a PhD in biomechanics. At that point I can't be lumped in with the meatheads anymore. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
02-01-2005, 12:10 AM
See, just say this in the first place.

I do know like 2 guys (not close friends or anything), who basically figured out a way to study benchpressing at college, and are idiots. The odds of them even attempting a PHD is low. Biomechanics sounds like making robotic arms to put on humans, which is awesome.

MEbenhoe
02-01-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Biomechanics sounds like making robotic arms to put on humans, which is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh damn that would be cool. Its actually the study of human movement and forces that act on the body within movement. An example of a biomechanics research project would be testing impact on a person when landing and the movement of their body upon impact to determine why women are more prone to ACL tears than men.

nothumb
02-01-2005, 12:27 AM
I'll read it if you want. I'm a professional tutor so I'm pretty confident I could help, especially if it's just grammar and word choice stuff.

NT

MEbenhoe
02-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Can i send it to you over AIM?

MEbenhoe
02-01-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll read it if you want. I'm a professional tutor so I'm pretty confident I could help, especially if it's just grammar and word choice stuff.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind now, I found someone to do it. Thanks for the offer though.

nothumb
02-01-2005, 01:10 AM
I'll read it too if you want. AIM: nothumb83. Just signed on and I need something to do while I fold.

NT

rusty JEDI
02-01-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I was clearly kidding around and I don't really have any evidence on this. Fitness freaks are generally meatheads from what I've seen, so I made the joke. If you are gonna enter this profession/study this, get used to it

[/ QUOTE ]

I got my degree in Human Kinetics from the University of British Columbia.

Out of all of programs at UBC the Human Kinetics program has the 2nd highest required Highschool GPA to get in.

rJ