PDA

View Full Version : Hand for consideration

Percula
01-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Live game, 3/6, full table, and I have been at the table for less than one orbit, but I have played against several of the players at the table before either in HE or NL tournaments and feel pretty comfortable with the sytle of play.

I am in CO with QQ, as usual everyone limps, I raise (the first hand I have played), everyone calls. Not too surprising, but a little unnerving none the less.

Flop 9QA rainbow. Everyone checks around to me, I bet, calls around to UTG+2 who raises, one fold rest call around to me, I raise, button, SB and BB muck, UTG+1 calls and UTG+2 caps, I call and UTG+1 makes a crying call, everyone else is in the muck.

Turn brings another 9, both check to me, I bet, UTG+1 calls reluctantly and UTG+2 raises, I raise and UTG+1 mucks, UTG+2 caps and I call.

River brings a 3, no straight, no flush possible. UTG+2 bets, I raise, he raises... no cap HU on the river. We are going back and forth raising and frankly it is getting silly (we are at something like 10 bets and he has something like 5-6 bets more in his stack). He is almost all-in and I have him covered by a lot. He finally tells me he has the absolute nuts and he is going down to the felt on this one and if I dont want to lose a pile I better fold or call soon.

Now I am really starting to think maybe he does have quads... Up to this point I was VERY confident, weak player, weak table, but hey even a blind man can find a diamond right? I am starting to feel that weak feeling creap into me...

I have played him before in NL touraments and I had put him on two pair AQ on the flop at best and more likely any A, now thinking back on the play of the turn and leading out on the river, maybe he has A9 for the bigger boat or even the quads.

So whats your play here, take him to the felt with the less than best hand or call and why?

I post the results later...