PDA

View Full Version : 2 questionable. brave. or dumb river leads after turn action?

MAxx
01-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Hand One at loose table.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $5. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> Well, I dont like the flop too much... but Ive lead at worse with worse... </font>

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

<font color="blue"> I lead turn eventhough I feel like I am playing find the king. I was thinking that I could be way ahead or slightly behind with nut flush or A outs. </font>

River: (12.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Hand 2 at another loose table: Button is very LAG.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> Until recently, I would have led this flop</font>

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

<font color="blue">I was going for a c/r because I am trying to rediscover the c/r... tried a few times on river today too. When Lagzilla raises, I switch gears to get the overcall and get info. If MP 3bets, then that means something unfavorable. If I threebet and he folds, that maynot be good. Well, I guess that's the defition of overcall. </font>

River: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

<font color="blue"> well why not?...my turn coldcall could of had them scared /images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font>

wuarhg
02-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Hand 1: First I thought "Fold the turn" but then I realized you shouldn't (you're getting like 10-11 to 1 with possibly 4 outs anyway?) so I think it's pretty nice, with the river bet and all.

Hand 2: I would've played it the same way, now if that's right or wrong I don't know but it feels good /images/graemlins/grin.gif

spydog
02-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Hand 1

Preflop, flop, turn.....standard

River: I like the bet and call a raise. If button raised you on the turn with a flush then he might check through this river fearing a full house. He seems likely to only raise with a K, especially since he doesn't hold the nut flush (you have the Ace). I'm not sure what MP is doing in there, but he'll call 1, but maybe not 2 if you decide to CR.

Hand 2:

Flop: I might CR the flop and lead the turn. If they don't have a Q or 9 you might win it on the turn.

Turn: I would 3-bet. You don't want a lone spade higher than yours to get a cheap look at the river.

River: I think the river is easier to play had you 3-bet the turn. Since you called the turn, I probably CR this river.