PDA

View Full Version : Stars MTT Hand-1st Place over 3 Grand

grandgnu
01-31-2005, 10:50 PM
About 1400 players in a $10 MTT. Down to under 300 players left, 135 getting paid.

Blinds are 100/200 with I believe a 25 ante. I hold 10/J late position and call (I have a little over 3K in my stack, avg stack is about double mine)

The button calls as do the SB and BB. Flop is 2d 10h 3d

I'm first to act and bet out 600 into a pot of about 1200. The button player pushes all-in for his remaining stack, bringing the pot size to almost 6K and obviously putting me all-in if I call.

My stack not being close to average just yet, and the blinds where they were, I figured my hand was best, put him on a draw and called. He had A/4 diamonds, so the straight and flush and straight flush draw.

Turn was Qc and river was his 5d for the straight flush. Could I have gotten away from this hand? Him being in the BB and not having raised pre-flop, I figured he didn't have me beat at the time (i.e. 2/3, 10/2, 10/3) and I was right, but he outdrew me.

Should I have dumped this hand and waited for a better opportunity, or was taking the shot right (still 150 players out of the money, with the REAL money being at the final table)

sfwusc
01-31-2005, 10:53 PM
You got your chips in with equity. That is all you can do.

SWUSC