View Full Version : Two quick Four Queens questions

Aces McGee
01-31-2005, 10:47 PM
1)Do they have a poker room?
2)Are the rooms reasonably nice?

-McGee

willperkins
01-31-2005, 10:53 PM
No poker room, but Golden Nugget, Binions, and the Plaza are all within walking distance and they do have poker rooms and daily tourneys twice per day.

The rooms are not great, but they are clean. I have stayed there many times and like them fine. However, I do not spend much time in my room. The only time I am there is when I go to sleep.

I am one of those that would much rather stay downtown and spend a helluva lot less for a room than stay on the strip and pay a lot for a room that I do not plan on spending much time in.

Aces McGee
01-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Normally we do the "cram four people into a room on the Strip" but this trip is looking like it'll be just one friend and me, zooming in for a quick weekend of poker (got some wicked cheap flights). so we figured we'd just stay the cheapest place that was reasonable.

do the nugget, binion's, or the plaza have poker room rates? last time i was in vegas, i played at the horseshoe, and they had 2/4, 4/8, and a couple NL games. what do the other rooms spread?

-McGee

jakea6
02-01-2005, 06:41 AM
I stayed at the Nugget just before Christmas and ended up spending most of my time playing at at the Plaza. The Plaza has NL tournies at Noon 4, 8 and Midnight, they also have 2-4 limit games going all the time. I really enjoyed the Plaza, I would definetely recomend it.

Aces McGee
02-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks Jake...I'd like to play a bit higher than 2/4...not super high, though. Do you know what other games were spread?

-McGee