PDA

View Full Version : Will patience pay off re: Party Points Freerolls?

teddyFBI
01-31-2005, 10:28 PM
I just got to thinking: surely if we just wait a week or two, there will be FAR fewer entrants to all of the party player points freerolls, b/c a lot of people will 'blow their wad' on the freerolls now, and I can't imagine that they'll be able to accumulate points in just a couple weeks. Take the PPM IV cruise freeroll for example. 5,000 points; 1 prize package. I think there were 1,500 entrants to one yesterday, but tonight's has only 390...

(also wanted to show off my fancy new avatar!!)

uaw420rook
02-01-2005, 12:18 AM
My train of thought is with you. I play 3 or 4 hours a day and have around 11,000 points. I do think people will burn them up and the entrants in the higher point free rolls will become less. I am hoping anyways.

jon593
02-01-2005, 12:27 AM
im just waiting till party offers something better than these freerolls

MicroBob
02-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Did they really 1500 players for a 5k-point freeroll.
I played in this on Saturday night at 7p or so and I think it had 440 players or so.

If it has only 440 on a Sat night I can't imagine when a 5k-point freeroll woud have 1500 players. I'm wondering if you mixed up a couple of the freeroll # of entrants that you might have seen.

I think you MAY have a valid point...but I don't see it making THAT huge of a difference. Maybe widdle it down to 300 players or so.
But maybe it will get lower (I would sure like for you to be right on this).

One thing I noticed....there were A LOT of people Sat night complaining that they wouldn't have entered if they had known that only 1st place got a prize. Many players were kind of pissed-off ans seemed unable to determine that a longer-shot for a $12k prize was far better than a more reasonable shot to spend 5 or 6 hours to finish in 15th place and win $5 or $20 or whatever.

Point is, I suspect many of the players who were complaining will never be back.
And this trend will continue....more idiots who can't read the lobby page will try it throughout the upcoming weeks and will learn that it only pays 1st place and thus they will decide to never come back.

It's incredible how many people couldn't read the lobby page...as well as how they thought they were getting screwed by the pay-out structure.