PDA

View Full Version : ah WTF - help please

PokerCat69
01-31-2005, 09:51 PM
I read a post here about fav movie scenes and I thought of one from the movie Battle Royale where a girl was poisioned with rat poison and spits up blood while she is eating. Ok i'm kinda sick but the scene is intense.

I decide to play the movie (.avi file on comp) and it doesn't work. I don't understand I watched it several times without problem and now it won't play. I tested 10-15 other .avi .mpg .wmv files and they play fine. I'm not a tech expert, so I don't understand what is going on.
I'm getting an error msg saying object not fold, when infact the movie is there.

PokerCat69
01-31-2005, 10:00 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

InchoateHand
01-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Fix the problem.

thirddan
01-31-2005, 10:14 PM
you might try downloading a divx fixer from dvdhelp or one of those sites...also there is a program i think called Gspot that analyzes a divx file and will tell you what encoder you need...hopefully this helps...

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Either the avi is not complete, or you need a pack of codecs.

pshreck
02-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Sounds like a classic case of the file not being finished.

Another possibility is that it needs some weird codec (considering it probably came from a japanese dvd). There are codec programs, which will look at your file and tell you what codec you need. Just search for 'codecs'.

PokerCat69
02-01-2005, 12:34 AM
I had it on my computer for well over a year and watched it from start to finish several times without problems.
Now out of the blue it won't start.

I orginally needed to install a codec called 'Nimo Codecs Pack' perhaps I upgraded windows media player at some point and that did something.
I try finding out what codec it needs tomorrow. Cool movie /images/graemlins/smile.gif