PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive big draw

Peter_rus
01-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Preflop 3-bettor seems laggish preflop. No reads on UTG+1. The one thing i wonder if you like preflop cap, flop raise, flop 3-bet and fold on river. I had hard time when thinking about river.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Monkeyslacks
01-31-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop 3-bettor seems laggish preflop. No reads on UTG+1. The one thing i wonder if you like preflop cap, flop raise, flop 3-bet and fold on river. I had hard time when thinking about river.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q. Hero posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) raises, 1 fold, SB 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero caps, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 6, 3, 9 (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, MP3 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 6 (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (16 BB) 5 (2 players)
UTG+1 bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

PF is good. Easy cap I think.

Flop is debatable. You're thinking that you want to clean up your outs, but you are getting good value on your flush draw with more callers. I like a raise as the pot is already big, they are often calling two anyway and you often take a free card if they do call.

River fold is good.

geormiet
01-31-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't think I have this river fold in me.

What do you think about betting the turn? If he has QQ, KK,or especially JJ, then you aren't so far behind that you're giving up much by betting, and it will often allow you to avoid this river situation when he checks behind.

TStoneMBD
01-31-2005, 11:59 PM
i like the preflop cap. i like the flop cap. i like the turn check. the pot is huge on the river, folding is close. id like to mention that betting the turn is pretty foolish if you ask me. there is no way you are taking this pot down and you are clearly behind. you will be checkraised here a large majority of the time and villain may have you drawing dead. check behind and take the free card.

Peter_rus
02-01-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you will be checkraised here a large majority of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is what i thought. I cap flop figuring that im beat and right now have no SD value just to ensure him that i will bet turn so he could c/r me.

wgarvin
02-01-2005, 09:57 AM
PP 15/30 no reads 10 handed

Preflop:
Hero in MP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif
One early limper. Hero raises. LMP and CO cold-call. Blinds call. EP calls.

Flop: (12SBs) 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks. BB bets. EP calls. And now?

I chose to call, not raise. How bad is this? I was not sure I wanted the LP players out. The turn brought the 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and LMP took a huge pot with 66. Would he have folded to a flop raise with his little overpair? Should he?

Peter_rus
02-01-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would he have folded to a flop raise with his little overpair? Should he?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

1800GAMBLER
02-01-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't really like the cap preflop. The advantages are that you have so many cold callers that both yours and SBs equity are going to be increasing. The other advantage i thought of doesn't really seem to apply, the 'make the pot bigger with suited cards so people will be more likely to draw to hands when you have the flush draw and they'll be drawing incorrectly' - seems like the pot is so big that even when you have the flush they wont be making a mistake.

Anyhow, my reason for not liking it is an SB 3 bet means big business usually and so i think you'd be increasing his equity rather than your own.

I like the flop raise for a few reasons, mostly if they have 9,x they will pay two bets, also similar for 6,x and you may get someone to fold 3A and cleaning up an out in this pot is a great advantage.

I don't like the river fold. Look at the flop from UTG+1's eyes. All that action preflop he shouldn't be betting many hands there at all, it's very unlikely he's betting 9,x, what i usually notice it's either a monster 99 66 33 or a draw, so you can def. count on him having the flush draw at least 1 in 19 times.