PDA

View Full Version : KK....this is too weak, no?

captZEEbo1
01-31-2005, 09:29 PM
no reads. I kinda get that feel when a pot has 3 opponents, some douche has the Ace.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

Rubeskies
01-31-2005, 09:56 PM
The reason is might be too weak is you have a backdoor flush draw. Getting 10:1 with 3.5 outs, closing the action, it's close but given the fact that there is a chance you have the best hand and he is only betting his flush draw, I would probably call the flop and see what happens.

captZEEbo1
01-31-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason is might be too weak is you have a backdoor flush draw. Getting 10:1 with 3.5 outs, closing the action, it's close but given the fact that there is a chance you have the best hand and he is only betting his flush draw, I would probably call the flop and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your plans to call a flop and fold a non K or club on turn? (calling a flop will get him to auto-bet the turn with any two.

also, I'm not closing that action.

Rubeskies
01-31-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
calling a flop will get him to auto-bet the turn with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is going to have at least one other player in it (CO called the flop bet). I don't think he'll auto-bet 3-way if he's on a flush draw. He would be correct with a flush draw to bet, hope you raise and then 3-bet and check the turn. This is why he may check the turn with a flush draw.

Also, you have no read so how would you know he would auto-bet the turn with any 2?

[ QUOTE ]
also, I'm not closing that action.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake.

captZEEbo1
01-31-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you have no read so how would you know he would auto-bet the turn with any 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't recall EVER seeing it done, though I guess I'm sure it is done.

Rubeskies
01-31-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't recall EVER seeing it done, though I guess I'm sure it is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never seen somebody bet the flop and then check the turn in a multi-way pot?

imitation
01-31-2005, 10:45 PM
If you call the flop I think it is very likely the turn will be checked to you this is often my experience at 5/10.