PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Blinds gone weird, facing river overbet

AncientPC
01-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Villain is a smart LAG for the most part, 72/22/6 over 120+ hands.
Texas Hold'em No Limit (£0.50/£1) - 2005/01/31 - 19:57:05 (EST)
Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 5: Villain (£185.75 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero (£72 in chips)
Villain: posts small blind £0.50
Hero: posts big blind £1
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Hero [4s Ks]
Villain: calls £0.50
Hero: checks
----- FLOP ----- [6d Kh Ac]
Villain: bets £1
Hero: calls £1
----- TURN ----- [6d Kh Ac][Qd]
Villain: bets £3
Hero: calls £3
----- RIVER ----- [6d Kh Ac Qd][4c]
Villain: checks
Hero: bets £5
Villain: raises to £30

tbach24
01-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Villain has recognized this as a blocking bet. Do you value bet the same way? If not, then I will call this. I think he is making a play on you. I think he has two-pair as well, I just can't determine which.

jjb108
01-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Just reading through, I'm not sure I can call this. But it looks like a move. You've called until the river and now might be trying to take it away.

AK and AQ are possible as theres not much draw on the board. JT possible. So are Ax including a A6. Has he slowplayed big hands? Its 25 to win 40 correct? or about 3:2 on your money. Assume 10% bluff. AQ AK JT A4 A6 KQ beat you. Kx and Ax other than above you beat. Bluff you beat. I hate math. But it looks like you beat more possible holdings than not.

I guess I call a LAG here and fold to a tight player. Maybe thats why I'm having a tough month.

maldini
01-31-2005, 10:21 PM
strange that he would lead out each time and then check/raise the river. no guarantee that you would bet the river. he's highly unlikey to pass up a value bet here since you've called previously and a supposed blank hit on the river. he probably thinks you would check a reasonable hand here with a ugly board so bet as your only option to win. i think it's a ploy, but you have to be right alot of the time to be profitable.

this is so read dependent. call $25 to win $39? your ahead most of the time here and getting 1.5/1 on your money.

i vote call but alot of the value comes from slowing him down in the future.

this is a tough one. good post. took me 10 minutes to make a decision you had 30 seconds to make.