PDA

View Full Version : LP Play Versus Super LAGs

gaming_mouse
01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Say you are in a super loose game, at least somewhat aggressive game. You have seen UTG raise with a pair of fours. You have also seen coldcalls with any two suited cards by many of the other players.

UTG raises again. There are 3 coldcallers. You are on the button with ATo.

There are 2 different arguments I see are. One is to fold b/c even though these players often play poor cards, there is still a good chance you are dominated. By calling or raising, you are just playing into a key advantage that loose play does have -- shania value. That is, you are paying them off when they actually do have good hands.

The other argument is that these players are playing junk. ATo figures to have more pot equity than any of their hands. Raise or call for value.

I'd like comments on the above arguments, as well as any other arguments I may have missed.

Also: Does your answer chance if you are in the CO?

Hammertim
01-31-2005, 09:16 PM
I run into trouble with this one too, I probably fold the hand and wait for a better spot. But at the same time I might raise if UTG is wild and only one call.
I make mistakes too :-)

molawn2mo
01-31-2005, 09:48 PM
patience. pick a better spot. i would rather play middle suited connectors or suited one or 2 gappers to punish them.

Cerril
01-31-2005, 11:48 PM
I tend to agree. Heads up against one ultra-LAG I'd be reraising most hands that beat most hands. Multiway I'm looking for hands with good multiway value that should show up by the flop. Suited connectors and pairs are going to be the main extra hands I'll be wanting to play, rather than hands that don't play as well multiway, even if you're quite possibly ahead.