PDA

View Full Version : How long to pass a drug test?

radek2166
01-31-2005, 08:33 PM
I got to pee in a cup tomorrow. Took some percocett about 5days ago.

stabn
01-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Seven days.

InchoateHand
01-31-2005, 08:42 PM
You are almost certainly fine. They are probably doing a simple (and cheap) EMIT. The oxycodone from the percocets breaks down into a generic opiate metabolite---your basic employer given drug test has no idea whether you took a T-3 for a migraine, or you are slamming a couple of bundles a day.
If the EMIT reads positive, which it occasionally does erroneously, (they split up your urine) they will probably run a GC/MS on you, which could turn up some traces---but, they aren't going to run it unless you fail the EMIT.

Unless you work for a federal agency, I would bet 10:1 you are absolutely fine--just stay away from the pot, its that [censored] that gets you caught everytime.

radek2166
01-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Long story. I even got a scrpit for it. They are giveing me a hard time. They want a clean UA. I am assumeing that it is a UA.

InchoateHand
01-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, if it has been five days, and you have an "average" metabolism, I still would lay at least 10:1 on being fine. If the testers are using an on-site kit, I would up those. Since you think they are sending it off, it will get some version of an immunoassay (IA) (including EMIT) and as long as there are not more than 2000 ng/ml, you are hot. If there were 1900, they could order confirmatory testing, but if they follow the federal guidelines from SAMHSA, even if the secondary testing showed 1999 ng/ml, they have to pass you.
Unless you ate 24 of them five days ago, you are fine. Drink a little extra water (but not a ton, because that decreases creatinine in the urine, which they use to see if you intentionally diluted your urine by drinking a lot). Just make sure it isn't the first pee of the morning.

I haven't thought about this stuff for a few years, so sorry if I am rambling. I was once quite good at not failing drug tests, but like ridiculous overbets, they don't exactly need to catch you much.

wacki
01-31-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I even got a scrpit for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are fine then, don't worry. Just show them the bottle/script and you will be cleared.

nothumb
01-31-2005, 09:14 PM
If you were given a script for this, what's the problem?

NT

InchoateHand
01-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, if the stipulation is a "clean" UA, and there will be rigamorale involved in presenting the script, not to mention the "long story" about said script alluded to by the OP, then it would be even easier to simply pee in a cup, go home, and fail nothing.

radek2166
01-31-2005, 09:52 PM
I am supoposed to goto Veags for work next week. I took the bottle in and gave it to the company. 120 7.5 percs. Then we get into questions about how long I have been takeing them. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I got 120 due to the fact that I am leaveing the state and have kidney stones.

InchoateHand
01-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Fair enough. Hope it works out for you.

radek2166
01-31-2005, 09:57 PM
If it dont I am phucked for 5 years. Quit my job Friday is my last day. No clue as to what happens if I fail.

I have talked to a pharmacistPHD I work with she said I should be clean after 2 days.

InchoateHand
01-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah, thats why i was serious about the 10/1 odds. Especially if you were taking them in the appropriate doses as prescribed, you are going to be absolutely fine after five days. Don't worry about it.

radek2166
01-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Figure I have drank extra water over the past 5 days. Beer too. I am kind Pissed off over this. I figured I tell them show them the script and we are done.

CCx
02-01-2005, 10:11 AM
for future reference, the products at www.passyourdrugtest.com (http://www.passyourdrugtest.com) work wonders - myself and friends have used them with various types of drug screenings over the years, definitely worth the money

Jezebel
02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Figure I have drank extra water over the past 5 days. Beer too. I am kind Pissed off over this. I figured I tell them show them the script and we are done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute!! Dude you shouldn't have to show your employer anything to do with what medications you are taking. If your test comes up positive, a doctor from the lab is suppossed to call you and explain what they have found. If you can provide this doctor with a script then they have to tell your employer that the test came up negative. Your employer never knows that there was even a question about your results.

radek2166
02-01-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait a minute!! Dude you shouldn't have to show your employer anything to do with what medications you are taking. If your test comes up positive, a doctor from the lab is suppossed to call you and explain what they have found. If you can provide this doctor with a script then they have to tell your employer that the test came up negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Ijust take the bottle into the drug test and show them?
Explain this to me like I am a 5year old.

Thanks
Steve

Anadrol 50
02-01-2005, 02:41 PM
www.beatanydrugtest.com (http://www.beatanydrugtest.com) is the best...

They are also very helpful and will even tell you when you don't need their products.

Jezebel
02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Most regulated drug tests require a Medical Review Officer (MRO) to examine all positive tests. They then have to contact the donor by phone before releasing the results to the employer. This step is in there so that employers don't get over zealous and start firing before everything is examined. That is when you would give them the script. Note that this is the procedure for Federal regulated tests like DOT. There may be some variation on this depending on what job you have and whether or not it is federally mandated. Your employer should have given you a copy of its drug testing policy by law and it will spell out exactly what their procedures are.

One thing I will say is DONT GO AND QUIT before the results come back. I can't begin to tell you how many people quit their jobs and we would get the results back as negative.

radek2166
02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
It should be a clean UA. Have not had any in 6 days. Still have not pissed yet. I might tomorrow who knows. I am kinda upset over this whole thing. They arer supposed to have me an apt in Veags next week. we shall see.