PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

johnnybeef
01-31-2005, 07:13 PM
I know this probably doesn't belong here but i figure that this is where the most people will see it. I am currently at the lowest my bankroll has been since i have begun playing poker semiproffesionally. I have about $500 tied up in online accounts, and about 50 in my bank account (thanks to a large shopping spree and a few busted draws). My options are: play in a game tonight that is a spread limit $10 max raise preflop, and $20 max flop game that is full of donars that love to chase their longshots (which could easily break my bankroll if some longshots hit, or if my play is less than optimal) that i have won $1000 at several times and 80% of the time i come out ahead. Or, stay at home tonight and try to grind it out online for the next couple of evenings (which playing PLO or omaha 8 2/4 or 3/6 could take forever to get back up).

Popinjay
01-31-2005, 07:15 PM
If you have a replenishable BR (as in a decent job) then play in the game tonight. Although this is also assuming you can play just the same without thinking about your dwindling online account.

stabn
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi, welcome to OOT. Please search for the QLC thread and post this there. Or, alternitively, Hold'em general or psychology. Also, don't play the 10/20 game.

Shajen
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
if you think you can beat the game 80% of the time, why are you posting this?

You should be there playing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnybeef
01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a replenishable BR (as in a decent job) then play in the game tonight. Although this is also assuming you can play just the same without thinking about your dwindling online account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a job waiting tables where i can pull in $500 a week if i work 6-7 shifts, i just hate every single second that i am there and am much happier in the last few months because of it. Furthermore if i go broke, it won't be the end of the world, so i doubt that my diminishing online br will effect my play.

johnnybeef
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im worried about losing the rest of my money and having to *erggg* wait tables for a couple of weeks to get back up and running.

johnnybeef
01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, welcome to OOT. Please search for the QLC thread and post this there. Or, alternitively, Hold'em general or psychology. Also, don't play the 10/20 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the welcome. like i said before, more people will see this thread here than there, and i have to make up my mind in the next 40 min. or so. also why not go?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im worried about losing the rest of my money and having to *erggg* wait tables for a couple of weeks to get back up and running.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do it. If you win, everything's happy again. If you lose it all, then you'll be sure not to go on the silly shopping spree next time. Sometimes learning the hard way is the only way to learn.