PDA

View Full Version : a couple 10/20 hands against a TAG

Alobar
01-31-2005, 06:21 PM
The oppoenent in both these hands is a TAG, and has a witty name that makes me think he is a 2+2er.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

This is one of those flop calls that I make, but not sure if its smart or not. I figured him for any hand a TAG would steal with, felt I had outs/very small chance of being ahead, so i called wanting to see what he would do on the turn. I should have bet the river here, I dont think a checkraise works often enough (or gets 3 bet), and a bet would just be alot better.

UTG in this hand, is tilting and likes to complain alot, he thinks he is a whole lot better than he really is. Button is opponent from above

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

I prolly should bet this river too? But I'm not confident enough at 10/20 to fold to a raise here yet, and I didnt want to have to call a raise.

aflaba
01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
In hand 1 I would 3-bet preflop. I think agaisnt most tags at least you have the best hand most times. Also you scare him and make it more likely he will fold the flop.

In hand 1 I would bet the river. Not being result oriented here. When a player holds a pair, even if he is a TAG, my experience has been that he doesn't trust your river bet enough to fold, even if it really looks like it might have hit you.

In hand 2 I usually don't play the flop the way you do. I like to bet out here. I don't know how good it is though... I can make no case for it.

Anyway the buttons bet on the flop is an auto-bet. He could have any hand he would raise preflop with. About how to continue in hand 2 I'm not sure. I think raising the turn is best though. He will call you with any Q, club draw, diamond draw...

MAxx
01-31-2005, 07:01 PM
hand one, i don't know bout that flop call. is this a call that you you normally make? it could be right, but i prefer to fold this flop against a solid opponent. you could be slighly ahead or really far behind, it looks like an awful flop for you. it looks like you sucked out on him on the river, and he didnt even want to pay you off...

also in hand one, if you didnt catch ace on river were you going to call a river bet? it looks like you were, but would that have been right against this guy?

hand 2 looks ok. however, i think this guy has developed a pattern of checking the river behind you when he thinks he has an excellent chance of being behind. i think you need to start betting the river for him in some of these situations.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-01-2005, 08:42 AM
first hand: bet/call the river.

spydog
02-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Hand 1

Preflop: 3-bet and lead the flop. You are most likely ahead and you want as much fold equity as possible.

Flop: Fold. Button is likely to have raised with A, K, Q, or pocketpair. You are behind all of them except a weaker Ace.

Turn: OK

River: Bet and call a raise. River puts a 3-flush, possible straight and an overcard to his PP, K, or Q. He is probably checking behind with any thing less than 2-pair.

Hand 2

Bet river, fold to a raise.

Trix
02-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Everyone just check-calls the flop in hand 2 ?

DrGutshot
02-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I think 3betting preflop is best in hand one. However, what do you do if he raises the flop? Let it go there? Call and hope to spike an ace?

Hand 2 if you can't fold to a river raise I think check calling the whole way is ok. They will rarely raise a river stop+go though with a hand that you can beat, as they usually know you might have hit 2 pair.

-DrG

spydog
02-01-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone just check-calls the flop in hand 2 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: Fold. Button is likely to have raised with A, K, Q, or pocketpair. You are behind all of them except a weaker Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope people don't call that flop.

Trix
02-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Thats hand one....

girgy44
02-02-2005, 12:18 AM
CR the flop in hand 1, then lead the turn.

girgy44
02-02-2005, 12:19 AM
And by hand 1 I meant hand 2 of course.

Steve S
02-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Hand 1: checkraise the flop, lead the turn
Hand 2: lead the river and fold to a raise

If he is truly TAG, he will not raise this river w/o a stronger hand than yours.

jack spade23
02-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Sklansky says that you should cold call around 1 time every 15 hours and that there are only 3 hands to do this with. Cold calling with A 9 s preflop is probably a bad idea. However, you have 4296 posts and this is only my 51st, so feel free to be a dick.

MAxx
02-02-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky says that you should cold call around 1 time every 15 hours and that there are only 3 hands to do this with. Cold calling with A 9 s preflop is probably a bad idea. However, you have 4296 posts and this is only my 51st, so feel free to be a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if you misread the hand... but just in case you misunderstand a coldcall... this is not a coldcall. hero is in BB and is calling one bet.

Entity
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't a coldcall, it is blind defense in a shorthanded situation. This is an easy call preflop.

jack spade23
02-03-2005, 09:45 AM
sorry didn't see he was BB. Makes sense now. I was wondering why a player who has made so many posts would do something like that.

Alobar
02-03-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry didn't see he was BB. Makes sense now. I was wondering why a player who has made so many posts would do something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont equate a high post count with lots of skill....especially with me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trix
02-04-2005, 10:32 AM
I was opponent in both. It suprised me alot to see Ax in the second one as the board is somewhat drawy and I would think one needs to protect his hand from the UTG guy here, perhaps also for value.

Really thought he was on a draw after the flop call, turn call, so my riverplay was really really easy.

If I check-call A9 on that flop, then I bet out on the river for sure.