PDA

View Full Version : Suck-out River-chaser call or inspired aggression, you decide

Gar Pike
01-31-2005, 06:14 PM
So, intuitively speaking, in a STT I think that the effect eliminating one opponent from the table has on your chances of placing ITM, and the effect that increasing your stack has on placing ITM, would make up in some measure for not having sufficient pot odds to call a bet.

If, for example, I have to call a 300 all-in turn bet (1/5th of my stack) with 200 already there (3:5 payoff if I win) am I making the right play if I have a 1-card draw to the nut flush and I think my opponent has top pair or better? I think straight pot odds (2 or 2.5 :1) would say to fold here.

Do you routinely make this call?

I guess this is the 'made hand vs a draw' scenario, I don't have any real problem with making this call, but I'm wondering if this might be a leak.

A specific hand example: Me in SB with KTs, 1500 chips, 6 people left. blinds 25/50. UTG limps (1000 chips), I complete BB raises to 100 (300 left). UTG folds. I call.

Flop is Ah 8h 3c

I check, BB bets all in for 300.

I think he has AA or KK, slight possibility AK (based on foolish short stack min-raise, he has a monster but wants callers).

Regards

Gar

willperkins
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
If I understand you correctly, there is t200 in the pot and the BB goes all in putting t500 in the pot.

If my assumption is correct, then you are getting about 1.8 to 1 pot odds to call his push and you are about 4 to 1 to make your flush with two cards to come.

You state you are pretty sure you are behind. Seems like an easy fold to me. You still have plenty of chips in relation to the blinds.

IMHO, I am not the sheriff, the only person I have to put out of the game is the last person. If I'm on a draw and think I'm behind, I must have the pot odds to make the call.