PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about these Index Funds?

LondonBroil
01-31-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm just signing up for my company's 401k program. They use Fidelity and there's 3 index funds I'm thinking about equally putting my contributions into. I'm 27 years old so I know I should try to be on the aggressive side. They are:

NTGI S&P 500 EQ INDX
NTGI RUSSLL 2000 IDX
NTGI EAFE INDEX

However, other than on my 401k's website, I cant find any mention of these funds. Nothing comes up when I try to google them, unlike the Vanguard funds I have in my Roth. The first one looks like Vanguard's S&P 500 Index fund, the 2nd looks similar to Vanguard Small-Cap Index fund, and the 3rd is an International fund.

Does anyone know if these are descent funds and whether having these 3 would give me enough diversity? Should I also throw in a small percentage into a bond fund just to be careful?

lehighguy
01-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Those are pretty standard funds. They'll do a good job as far as equity investment is concerned. You might also want to consider looking into commodity funds for more diversity (commodities and stock markets are highly uncorrelated). If your 27 and not planning to touch this till retirement then keep it light on the bonds. Bond rates are very low now, and bondholders do bad when the Fed raises rates, like thier doing now.