PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 QJo on the Button

Piiop
01-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Party 2/4 10-Handed. Table is somewhat passive and somewhat loose.

Preflop: EP limps, 2 players in MP limp, I limp on the button with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif, SB folds, BB checks.

BB is one of the more aggressive players at the table but not a maniac or anything. EP is passive and slightly loose, very ABC. No good reads on the two MP players.

Flop (5.5 B): T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, EP calls, MPs fold, I call. I thought my call here might be slightly loose depening on much you want to discount my overcard outs.

Turn (4.25 BB): Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, EP folds, I call planning to raise the river if he bets again and fold to a 3-bet. If he checks I will bet. What do you think?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Flop call is pretty thin. I would actually be tempted to raise the flop to try and find out if BB has a 7. If the flop gets 3-bet you can fold it right there, otherwise you can take a free card on the turn if you don't improve (assuming you don't get stop-n-go'd.)

PokerBob
01-31-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop call is pretty thin. I would actually be tempted to raise the flop to try and find out if BB has a 7. If the flop gets 3-bet you can fold it right there, otherwise you can take a free card on the turn if you don't improve (assuming you don't get stop-n-go'd.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Raise the flop.