PDA

View Full Version : A4o flop call ?

Trix
01-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls...

BB is loose and pretty aggro, SB numbers are ~50vpip/4pfr/0.75AF.

Alobar
01-31-2005, 05:29 PM
with a pretty aggro BB here, I might raise this flop if there is a chance it will get the SB out. You;ve got 4 excellent outs, your ace outs, and a decent chance at still having the best hand.

J.R.
01-31-2005, 05:33 PM
is his pfr really 4?

Its not worth a raise with villian being a 4pfr, as its unlikely your weak A high is best and sb seems content to call, but a raise is probabaly correct if the 4pfr is a typo and he is up near a 20pfr. I think its an easy call even with the outside chance of the sb throwing in a raise on the flop. Do you have more info on the sb?

Alobar
01-31-2005, 05:35 PM
the 4pfr guy is the SB, not the aggro BB.....or at least thats how I read it

J.R.
01-31-2005, 05:42 PM
nice read

crockett
01-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I think the standard line here is to raise the flop, fold out SB, expect BB to call and check to you on the turn. You have a nice draw and if you miss the turn you might get to see the whole board for free and still have a chance to pick up the pot.

HOWEVER, this is where I have been trying to pay more attention to my reads. Raising the flop here in hopes of improving some of your “outs” and the bonus of a free card on the turn if need be is a great play only if three things are likely to happen.

1. Your not raised by SB…looking at his AF it seems likely he will call or fold so your good there.
2. Your not 3-bet by the BB.
3. The BB will not lead the turn after smoothing calling you.

Your read on the BB is that he is rather agro and he did 3-bet pre-flop so I think this a bad situation to try the ‘ole flop raise trick. It is very likely you will be 3-bet and still be wondering if he really has a hand or not. If he does have a hand it will cost you a lot of bets. However, if you just call there is a good chance SB will call along as well and if you do indeed make your draw (especially the straight) you’ll get paid well because BB is so agro. and it will be on the expensive streets. If you miss you can bow out cheaply. The only draw back to this is if you end up letting SB in with an Ace that out kicks you. I believe in this case it’s worth the risk.

Different opponents and I would raise this flop.

Trix
01-31-2005, 05:54 PM
I´ll try to make it more clear next time.

The PT stats are for the SB.

BB is loose-aggro.