PDA

View Full Version : Push here with aces?

steaknshake925
01-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Ok this is from memory so all stack and pot amounts are approximate. SB seems solid but it's not a major read, and UTG is pretty fishy.

Prima 2/4 NL 6max
I have ~$168, SB has ~$300, UTG has ~$80
I get red AA in the CO. UTG calls, folded to me, I raise to $15. button folds, SB calls, BB folds, and UTG calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot is ~$49
SB bets about $30, UTG calls.

What's the move?
Oh ya, and the read on UTG here is I'm almost 100% sure he's drawing, so he's not a concern. I'm mainly worried the SB. I will post my thoughts later.

elnino12
01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Raise more preflop. Raise to about 80-90 here. That might pot-commit you, but oh well. If someone flopped a straight, or spiked a set, rebuy and keep pluggin along. I might consider a push, but the only hands that are calling you are the ones that beat you. UTG will also most likely call as he would be getting some pretty decent odds.

Benal
01-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Has SB bet into a preflop raiser before? He's probably putting you on missed overcards, and is hoping to take it down. With $109 in the pot, I push here and hope SB folds. UTG probably calls.

Tilt
01-31-2005, 05:45 PM
There are several possible hands here that SB could be betting out that much with - 77, TT-AA, AT-AK spades, or trips. I don't see how you can narrow it down without testing his resolve by raising. I don't see folding as a very good play. And any raise pretty much commits you.

I wouldn't push. I would just commit by making 90 and then getting all-in on the turn.