PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to clear the SS2 bonus?

JoshuaD
01-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Title says it all. I want to get SS, I'll be playing either .5/1 or 1/2, 4 tables if I can at DoylesRoom. About how long does it take to clear, or how many hands?

Thanks.

gila
01-31-2005, 04:44 PM
I don't know if this helps, but I play on a skin and clear enough points for the book daily. I think they use the same point system. Although, I play mostly 2/4 and 3/6, sometimes 5/10, but the points add up real quick! Not always four tables(full) going at 1/2. In fact, I don't know if ive ever seen any. There is three right now though.

Anyway, I am guessing 1 day if you can play three 1/2's.

Reef
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this helps, but I play on a skin and clear enough points for the book daily. I think they use the same point system. Although, I play mostly 2/4 and 3/6, sometimes 5/10, but the points add up real quick! Not always four tables(full) going at 1/2. In fact, I don't know if ive ever seen any. There is three right now though.

Anyway, I am guessing 1 day if you can play three 1/2's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just go with the $$ bonus, and buy the book on amazon.

playersare
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just go with the $$ bonus, and buy the book on amazon.

[/ QUOTE ]
wholeheartedly agree. on the Apex Network sites (Doyle's, Golden Palace, VC et al) 100 action points is basically $1 of rake which is directly attributed to you (rake divided by # of players who contributed to pot). since it's 100-125 action points per $1 bonus returned, it is impossible to earn a profit from whoring itself, only from your actual play.

I'm pretty sure you can't 2-3 table any Apex site at $1/2 limits 9-max and clear 10000 action points in one day. assuming you contribute to 33% of raked hands with 50c rake...that's roughly 15-20 action points each on about 20 hands per hour. rough estimate of 300-500 AP's per hour, per table? I know to clear the 5000 action points req for PSO's affiliate promo, I was 2-tabling for about 5 hours (spread over two days) in order to clear it, so that might be a fairly good estimate.

higher limits may fare better because I believe Apex distributes up to 300 action points per hand (assuming max $3 rake). it's probably only worth doing these sites if you get close to 100% rakeback from the bonus AND something extra on the site from an affiliate link, even if it's just swag.