PDA

View Full Version : Bubble - Comments on call?

Insty
01-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Party Poker $20+2 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero (t920)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG (t1485)</font>
Button (t4405)
SB (t1190)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1485 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t720 (All-In).

I'm interested to hear if anyone thinks I should have folded this hand on the bubble.

Things I considered:
BB had been playing quite tightly, I'd only seen him showdown AK and AQs and he'd won a few hands where everyone had folded after he'd pushed. His push frequency had increased latly and he'd pushed the hand before also.
Being 4xBB himself he could be on a steal.
I was worried if I fold this hand I only have 720 left and zero fold equity.
Should I just blind away here and hope to make the money?
The position and size of the big stack is annoying because I can't steal from him and was scared of stealing through him.

What else should I be considering?
Should I just have pushed from UTG the previous hand with what I had. T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif? (or even any other 2?)

Thanks.

ColdestCall
01-31-2005, 04:35 PM
This is close, but I think in this situation your A-10 is good enough for a call. There are enough situations where you will be ahead or not too far behind that calling will be best in the long run. If you had more chips, or the SB had less chips than you, you could consider folding.

Insty
02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
I think the call was ok. UTG ended up having KQ and caught a Q on the turn.
That's poker I guess.