PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 PP Interesting Hand

whitelime
01-31-2005, 03:38 PM
I have Qc6c in the BB. EP (vpip 43%) limps. MP (vpip 20%) limps. SB completes, I check. Flop is 4c5s6s. SB checks. I bet, EP calls, MP raises, SB folds, I call, EP calls. Turn is 5c. I check, EP checks, MP bets, we both call. River is 7d. Board now reads 4c5s6s5c7d. I check, EP checks, MP bets...

What do you guys think about a raise here? MP has been playing his draws very aggressively. EP is pretty straightforward. I think he would lead the river if he hit a straight.

DeezNutz3
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't like it. MP might have had a 7 or even an 8 and a flush draw...set isn't out of the question either.

TStoneMBD
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
raising doesnt do much for you. the best you could hope for is that he will fold A6, or fold a rivered pair of 7s. i dont think that will happen often enough to make this profitable. youre better off calling if you want to see the showdown.

whitelime
01-31-2005, 06:21 PM
I think I got a bit results oriented here. I called, and EP called. EP had A7, and MP had KT of spades. A raise here would most probably win the pot for me, however I'm not sure it's the right play in the long run.

elysium
01-31-2005, 07:06 PM
hi white

you're fine until the turn. if you are going to raise on the river, you should be thinking about that on the turn. you need to see that inclination welling up, and then perhaps you would realize that the turn is your only opportunity to take this pot down by folding out. it's perfectly fine to call, however. you may want to improve or perhaps you don't have a good read yet, but may gain additional info on the river that will give you a better idea about where you stand, even those times that you don't improve. what you don't do though is call the turn and raise the river when you don't improve. if you're going to raise the river in this spot, and you just think you might, you have got to know that on the turn. then you might take it one step further in thought, and realize that the turn is a much better place to make the raise for the fold. raise the turn.