PDA

View Full Version : Muck $20/40: Idiot End No Good?

bobbyi
01-31-2005, 03:35 PM
$20/40 at Muckleshoot.

Preflop: Currently eight handed. Five people limp. I call in the SB with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB checks. Seven to the flop for one bet (this was unusual; even though the game was pretty loose, most hands were raised before the flop).

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet. BB calls. It folds to the button who raises. I three-bet. They both call.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check. BB bets. BN calls. I fold.

Too much?

lil feller
01-31-2005, 04:32 PM
I have a couple of problems with your turn decision, mostly because you don't give any information on the players.

What sort of player is the BB (would he bet without an Ace here)? Most people would bet 2 pair, or a turned heart draw, as well as an Ace.

What sort of player is the button, is he tricky enough not to raise with an Ace, hoping to get you to overcall with whatever you 3 bet with? (What the button SHOULD do depends greatly on what the BB would bet here).

Without any information it looks like the button limped PF w/ KT or KJo, raised his pair/straight draw on the flop and hit his kicker on the turn, my hunch is that you have the button beat. That then leaves the BB, and only you can know what he'd bet with. If he would bet without an Ace, I call the turn, and call one bet regardless of the river.

lf

bobbyi
01-31-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't like the way I played the hand. Do you think that betting the turn (possibly folding to a raise) would have been better than checking?

I didn't think that button was likely to just call with an ace. However, it was possible if she assumed that BB must have an ace to bet (and she was the kind of person who might make this assumption), then she would figure there was no point raising with her ace and she would be better off keeping me in. However, I thought her most likely hand was a 9, so even if BB didn't have an ace, I was only getting a half or a third of the pot.

lil feller
01-31-2005, 04:55 PM
I probably would have bet the turn and then folded to a raise, like you mentioned. Another possibility is c/r the turn, to try and get the button to fold (if you reall think she has a 9), and fold to a BB 3 bet. If the BB just calls on the turn, I check/call just about any river card.

lf

bernie
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Players depending...

Button may not have the str8. He might have a pair along with an openended draw with a K.

The BB is the problem. What are they calling 3 bets with on the flop? I might've bet the turn, but think of this, the BB is betting into to flop aggressors. They're expecting to be called at the least, maybe even raised. If you bet, do you then bet the river if both just call?

However, if this player had a tendency to bet on boards like this with less than what you have, call and close the action.

b