PDA

View Full Version : How is the post flop play?

Demana
01-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Live $3/6 Kill game

Hero is MP3 with the Kill (action is normal, even when the kill is on).

Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop: UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero (Kill poster) <font color="red">raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

No read on MP1 as this is his first hand at the table.
SB is loose passive.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
Pot: (7 SB)

MP1 checks, Hero <font color="red">bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 <font color="red">raises</font>, Hero <font color="red">3-bets</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Pot: (7 BB)

MP1 <font color="red">bets</font>, Hero calls

River: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Pot: (9 BB)

MP1 <font color="red">bets</font>, Hero calls

Final pot: (11 BB)

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Against an unknown I'll probably call this down.

Demana
01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
And the flop 3-bet?

Fat Nicky
01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
I like the flop 3-bet, you give yourself a great opportunity to get the pot heads up and you get to see if MP1 caps.

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Actually the more I look at this hand the more confused I get. I think the flop 3-bet is fine but Villain continuing to lead the turn makes me want to find a fold somewhere, but I dont think I can.

Demana
01-31-2005, 05:41 PM
I thought about folding the turn when he led into me, but the pot was big enough that calling down seemed reasonable.

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 06:33 PM
You think 7 is big enough? I really don't know, just curious what your and others' standards are.

bernie
01-31-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about folding the turn when he led into me, but the pot was big enough that calling down seemed reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Monetary-wise or bet-wise?

Look at the amount of power you've shown. He's still betting into you on the turn. He has you beat in most cases.

However, if he's an unknown, a case could be made for calling it out and seeing it.

b

Hammertim
01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
I would assume you were beat or at least outkicked until the river.....
I guess you found out when you called the BETTOR down..

No two-bet on turn?? You thought you were beat too..?

Demana
01-31-2005, 09:34 PM
When I was led into on the turn, I thought that I was beat by two pair (I was thinking K5s given no preflop raise), but I called to see the river and planned to fold the river unimproved.

When the board paired, I thought that his two pair was counterfieted, but he still led into me, so I called figuring that we would most likely chop, or make a mental note that he didn't preflop raise AK or KK (55 was a possibility that just occurred to me).

He tabled AJo for Jacks full of Aces.