PDA

View Full Version : TPTK facing agression from unknown in bloated pot

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
First orbit so no reads, I was multi-tabling, clicked "raise any" and came back to find HOT 6 way capped action. Can anyone find a fold here, and if so, where?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (24.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (18.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (22.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

Nick C
01-31-2005, 03:25 PM
With TPTK and only one other player showing any postflop interest in continuing to build this huge pot, I don't see a fold anywhere.

Unfortunately, though, I suspect that one player may have had something like nines full.

Sarge85
01-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Play looks fine, though I don't think the result ended up in your favor.

Hope for Jacks.....

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

droolie
01-31-2005, 03:39 PM
I think the pots too big to fold.

I would raise the turn. You're probably behind a set but this pot is big enough that I would try to get it HU and get this to a showdown. A stop-n-go when that second 5 hit might scare UTG or button into folding KK or AA.

I wouldn't be at all be suprised if villian had QX(broadway)/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Fat Nicky
01-31-2005, 03:44 PM
I can't see where you can fold. The aggressor in the hand cold-called 2 pre-flop twice, the button capper is just calling along, as is UTG who cold-called 3 pre-flop. The only player who is indicating a strong hand post-flop is MP1, and the way the hand was player pre-flop, he could have something like KQ.

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 03:51 PM
MP1 seemed commited enough that I wanted to get to the river as cheaply as possible. Do you think getting it HU adds enough value to make up for those times Hero is behind?
Also, what would be your plan if MP1 3-bet Hero's turn raise? Fold?

Jake (The Snake)
01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't 3-bet this preflop... should I? Preflop I go mainly by Ed's recs with a few tweaks. Is this a situation where I should tweak?

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 04:02 PM
3-bet is standard in a loose game, plus I'm a LAG.

Jake (The Snake)
01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
it certainly could be that the game you were playing was loose (6 to the flop here tends to make that seem likely), but the average 2/4 game defenetely falls into Ed's tight recommendations.

By the way, I know preflop means very little compared to postflop, I'm just trying to refine my game.

droolie
01-31-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 seemed commited enough that I wanted to get to the river as cheaply as possible. Do you think getting it HU adds enough value to make up for those times Hero is behind?
Also, what would be your plan if MP1 3-bet Hero's turn raise? Fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously if you can get button or UTG+2 to fold a better hand the raise here adds tons of value. I'm raising because the post is so big it's worth taking a shot at getting them out and HU I like the odds the pot is giving me for a showdown. Investing 2BB's to try to win a 19BB seems like a good time to take a shot. If you do get it HU and yet only win at showdown 10% of the time this shows a profit right?

If MP1 reraises I call it down but I call down way to much. Being realistic I just don't think I can get away from this hand with a pot this big no matter what MP1 does. If one or both of the other guys wakes up after I raise I probably dump it but MP1 doesn't get me to fold. There are too many hands I can think of that have me ahead or tied here to fold against one aggressive player.

rmarotti
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Yah, despite the fact that the online games DO typically play tighter, I like to take Miller's advice and assume the table is loose until proven otherwise, especially at PP 2/4.