PDA

View Full Version : BJ question, If i were the house, how much would i need?

mooks
01-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Anyone know how to calculate how much of a bankroll would be necessary for a certain amount of betting per round. Example. If I was the house, and the players were placing bets totalling $300 per betting round, with 50 betting rounds per hour. How much Money would I need to start this endeavor in order to never go broke?

This is all hypothetical of course /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mooks

chris_a
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much Money would I need to start this endeavor in order to never go broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Infinity Dollars.

Let me change the question slightly...

[ QUOTE ]
How much Money would I need to start this endeavor in order to only go broke a negligible amount of the time if the maximum amount that someone could bet is M and I could prevent people from counting cards and my dealers never made mistakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just from a rough calculation, given that you have a 1.5% edge on each hand and a 1.17 Std. Dev. per hand, you probably want from 200-370 maximum bets.

Why? Using the BR formula 9/4*(Std. Dev.)^2/(Win Rate) which assumes that the RV soon becomes Gaussian and that you will recover from all but the worst (3 sigma) down swings. If you want to be ridiculously safe, you can do 4 sigma which will make the equation 16/4*(Std. Dev.)^2/(Win Rate).

So if the maximum bet was $50 you'd want between $10,000 and $18,500. The amount of betting rounds per hour is irrelevant.

mooks
02-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Thanks so much. BTW do you have any books or websites that you'd reccommend on this subject?

MOOKS

Stork
02-01-2005, 01:42 AM
I believe Mason Malmuth's Gambling Theories and Other Topics covers bankroll well.