PDA

View Full Version : AKo hand.. need input (0.5/1 NL)

Stefan
01-31-2005, 02:03 PM
I type this manually since converter dosent work with this logfile.

Playing 0.5/0.1 NL (100$ at table)

Dealt to me in middle possition Ad - Kh
Raise to 2$ and get four callers.

Flop 9d - Kd - 8h

Bet 3$
All but one folds who raise it to $7
I call

Turn Jh

Check
He bet 15$
I call

River 8s

Check
He bet 20$ and i call it down

I feel i play this hand very wrong, since i get into passive mode and it have happend like this a few times.

Anyone have some ideas for me to consider and how should i play this diffrent?

Thanks alot

Br,
Stefan

amoeba
01-31-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't like the minraise preflop. You got 4 callers, thats very bad with AK.

if it was headsup on the flop and villain is a known aggressive than your turn and river moves are fine but you really set yourself up for this one with your preflop blunder.

lil_o
01-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Raise more proflop, AKo doesn't play well against more than 2 opponents. Calling the flop bet is fine. I would have probably led out for 2/3 the pot on the turn to see where I am at; if he raises I probably fold. If he calls your turn bet then I would throw out a blocking bet on the river to see a cheap showdown.

warlockjd
01-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Raise to 5 preflop. This will generally make the postflop play much easier. Given the action, I think you're beat. Muck.

Tilt
01-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Preflop raise is way too small.

Your bet on the flop is weak.

I would also have reraised him on the flop. The you will have a very good idea of where you stand based on how he rects to that.

Stefan
01-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Just wanted to thank alot for all inputs and you guys are very much right. My weak preflop raise made me actually loose the hand. Other guy had 8d 10d and i guess he played it pretty good, even if he was lucky to get last 8.

From now on i play AK harder preflop, and i think a pretty good bet on turn and if raise i lay it down ?

/Stefan

tbach24
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Don't just play AK harder, play all hands you intend to raise with harder. Just as a standard I go 4xBB + 1xBB per limper.

warlockjd
01-31-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if raise i lay it down ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correctomundo

Good luck